Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center

Angie's List since August 2010

B Rated | 3 Reviews

05/07/2014

Everyone from the e.r. Staff to ward staff were very caring and skilled. I felt like a VIP guest. I was extremely ill with sepsis and pancreatitis. I always felt I was in good hands. The nursing staff on 2 west was phenomenal for both my hospital stays. Each time I was later transfered to a larger medical center, Fletcher Allen in VT.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emergency room visit, subsequent admission.

CATEGORY ent

06/16/2012

My appointment went very well - exactly as expected. I was most disappointed that the surgery ended up being so far out - I was really suffering when I went in for the appointment and was under the impression that the doctor felt the same way and when he said he would work me in sooner, I took him at his word. It didn't happen but overall I guess it worked out okay even though I felt I really had ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was able to get an appointment within just a few days of calling - although it was my second phone call the first time I left a message that wasn't returned. Once I got an appointment I didn't even have to sit in the waiting room for my appointment I was able to go right in. It was clearly determined that surgery was needed and a date was set. It was expected - based on doctor comments- that the surgery date was going to be expedited - but was not. My surgery date was a month and a half out from myappointment. Overall I would recommend going to Dr. Schaefer for an appointment - he is friendly and is not opposed to making referrals when he doesn't think he has the answers. I have been going to him for years and he is always open to my suggestions/thoughts as well as getting other opinions.

CATEGORY ent

02/07/2012

It was a fine experience. I got good care. The doctor was attentive. I didn't have to wait long for the diagnostic stuff. The triage process was smooth. I chose them because they are the only regional hospital that does this.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went to Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center in Ogdensburg, New York about a year ago. I used their ED services, diagnostic imaging, and MRI.

CATEGORY hospitals,diagnostic labs