FINNEGAN ROOFING CO

Founded 1958 • Angie's List since August 2010

I am a small family owned and operated roofing and siding company. I also do doors and windows as well as porch and deck construction. I build garages and I have also gutted and remodeled three homes. I believe in using the best materials I can buy and doing it right the first time. I have been doing roofing here in the Utica/Rome area in excess of 40 years....

Quality Craftsmanship of Central New York

Remodeling

09/25/2017

Very well. did an excellent job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete roof replacement and repair of damage around fireplace and ohter spots .

04/01/2015

It went very well in spite of bad weather.  Whenever Steve had to leave the roof while the work was in progress, he installed temporary tarps to keep the rain out.  He kept us informed as to the progress of the work.  The end result was an excellent roof installation.  Steve takes pride in his work and it shows.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed old shingles, installed new drip edge, installed water and ice barrier, installed felt on remainder of roof, installed new shingles.

CATEGORY roofing

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

11/25/2014

I originally called Steve for a small leak in my roof. He came over took care of it and said to call if the leak continued. He told me my roof wasn't in bad condition and felt I had a few years before I would have to replace it. After thinking about it I decided I would ask him for an estimate for a new roof. He came over and gave me a quote of $4200.00. I was very surprised and pleased with the q...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He put a new shingle roof on my two story home. .

CATEGORY roofing

Thank you so much for taking the time to review me. Please let me know if you ever need anything further.

07/29/2013

It went very well. Part of replacing the defective roof included adding new ridge vents, splash guards at the two valleys of the gable, and new fascia panels to conceal the rafter ends. Close to one-half of my entire house roof was redone. Steve and his assistant worked in the dire July heat without complaint and were very careful to clean up afterwards. Steve is an honest, competent, easy to talk...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced defective rolled roofing on raised dormer and gable with new asphalt shingles including new plywood underlayment, etc.

CATEGORY roofing

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

10/29/2012

Steve gave an estimate, came in the winter when there was a small leak before he could tackle the job in the summer. He stands by his work. You couldn't ask for more honest, competent work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The roof was covered with shake shingles and rotten wood underneath and sections of carpenter ants...They did it all, in God-awful heat, good naturedly, conscientiously and way beyond the call of duty! Fantastic Job!!!

CATEGORY roofing

I do roof evaluations for mortgage applications, and insurance claims resulting from weather damage. Average cost is $85.00 I also do consultations for solving issues on a problem roofs or for those home owners who want to do it themselves and don't know where to start. These are usually done for a flat hourly rate.