Markowitz, Dr. Burton S.

Founded 1971 • Angie's List since August 2011

Private professional optometric office providing eye examinations and visual analysis in a professional setting. Complete state-of-the-art equipment for detection and treatment of eye diseases. Optical dispensary with eyewear from budget to designer, with some fashion lines exclusive to central NY. Most insurance and vision plans accepted, as well as Medicare....

05/14/2013

He has hired a great staff in the past he had a high turn around but now it seems to be working out for them. I am trying to wear contacts but so far the ones I have tried makes my eyes dry so he is working with me to find a pair that will work for me. I really like the attention and care he provides. He has lengthy appointments he really takes his time with you so your appointment could last almo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Burton S. Markowitz is the eye doctor that I go to. My last visit was last week for contacts.

05/08/2013

They are great and I like them a lot. They are very pro active. I always got good service from them. They clearly are profit oriented. They are nice and they do a good job and I don't fault them for trying to do what they do because they provide good service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used Dr. Markowitz for optometry.

05/07/2013

This doctor is very good and very thorough. His work environment is also very good. They also do a lot of diagnostic tests and I am happy with what they do. The staff is also very good and very friendly and they are very good with their check ups.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Burton S. Markowitz is an optometrist I recently used for eye care services.

06/16/2012

I am overall satisfied with this optomitrist and his office. We had some problems, but the important thing is this office worked to make everything right to our satisfaction. One adjustment about this office that I didn't like as much is that you have to schedule an appointment to view frames or have frames adjusted. I am used to walking in to a frames store and looking around at my own leisure. S...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Eye exam and glasses with progressive lenses for myself; eye exam for glasses and contacts for my college age daughter; eye exam and glasses for my middle school age son.

CATEGORY optometrist,pediatric optometrist

01/07/2012

He seemed great and his staff were great, too. My only issue was that the prices seemed a bit high. Even after my insurance it was still more than I could have paid without insurance at some places.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Eye exam; new glasses and new contact lenses.

CATEGORY optometrist

Optometry including vision care, detection and treatment of diseases and injuries. Testing for cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic, hypertensive, macular degeneration conditions. Complete Optical on premesis, contact lens fittings, cataract surgery co-management, children's eyecare, comprehensive eye examinations, dry eye treatment, expert kerataconus fitting.

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available