GREEN IS THE COLOR LAWN CARE

A 41 Reviews

Founded 1997 • Angie's List since March 2006

PO Box 378

East Setauket, NY 11733

Green is the Color was founded in 1997 and services commercial and residential properties throughout Long Island. Licensed and Insured. Guaranteed customer satisfaction and high quality results....

lawn treatment (37)lawn care (10)lawn & landscaping (3)tree service (1)

07/04/2019

This is our second year with Scott and his staff I waited til this year to write this review, since I wanted to give them time to make their "mark". And they have!! It's been a while since our lawn has looked this good and I just want to commend Scott for making good on his promises. PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
yearly treatment

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/04/2019

05/18/2017

All the dandelions that were already springing up are gone and the lawn is already much greener and full. Scott suggested I do a core aeration and over-seed in the fall and included a good price for the work and this is something I definitely will do. If your looking for a company to take care of your lawn, give him a shot. I'm sure that you'll be pleased with the results Thanks Scott!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
For the last few years I allowed the landscaper who cuts and trims my lawn to take care of the fertilizing and weed control but my lawn went downhill. This year I finally said "no" to letting them do the work and hired "Green is the Color Lawn Care" to do the fertilization weed control and my lawn has improved tremendously already. Scott was very easy to work with. When I called him he came over almost immediately and checked out the lawn and gave me an full estimate on an annual lawn package that included a nice prepayment discount. I really couldn't be happier with my decision to use him.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/18/2017

04/20/2017

This spring, the lawn looks terrible. Worse than it ever did. I called Scott and left a message asking him to come over and take a look and tell us what to do next because it looked bad. He didn't return my call, so after a few days I called back and got him on the phone. He said, somewhat contemptuously, that it wouldn't do any good for him to come over, that he'd already walked around our proper...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired Scott to take care of our lawn last year. He told us that it needed fertilization, aeration and seeding, etc. and we agreed to have him provide these services.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/20/2017

During my initial visit to this property I explained to the homeowner my concern regarding sandy soil, a steep slope and invasive grass types. These are simply problems fertilizer and seed will not correct. Multiple estimates were provided for larger jobs to replace the soil and start with a new lawn. These estimates were denied due to the high cost. I was asked if anything else could help the law...

03/30/2017

So far so good--- Will know more after the season begings and we'll see what the lawn looks like then

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
aeration and fertilization for the winter

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/30/2017

03/10/2017

My lawn was a mess before I hired Green is the Color. Since they began taking care of my lawn, I am proud to say that my lawn is the nicest looking lawn on my block. They are responsive, polite, prompt and reasonable. I have been using their services for 10 years, and would highly recommend them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lawn fertilization and weed control (oh, and pest control -- fleas/ticks).

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/10/2017

01/17/2017

I'd give them all A's. We will be using them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did fall lawn treatment.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2016

06/20/2016

The service they provide is great! Amazing communication! I called with a question and Scott was out at my home right away to help! Very stand up company and I suggest them to everyone!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired this provider to perform yearly yard maintenance.

CATEGORY lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/14/2016

11/02/2015

I am extremely happy with Green Is The Color Lawn Care.  Scott, the owner is professional and always friendly. He is always on time with the applications and has made my lawn better than ever. He either picks up the phone when I call or returns my call promptly. I would never hire any one else.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
6 application fertilization

CATEGORY lawn service,lawn treatment

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2015

10/08/2015

Ver well. I have had Green is the color since 2013 and find Scott personable and work professional. Grass looks good and Green.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Aerate,seed,fertilize 5th application and Lime Application. Good service.

CATEGORY lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/08/2015

08/20/2015

Scott first came to my property and walked me through what needed to be done to help with my lawn issues and what I could do to prevent in the future. He clearly laid it all out for me and came back another day to apply once I decided which treatments I wanted. He was very professional and explained why certain things should be done (and also areas where I could save money and not do anything at t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Summer application and grub control.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/30/2015

FERTILIZER PROGRAMS, WEED CONTROL, CRABGRASS CONTROL, INSECT CONTROL, DISEASE CONTROL, CORE AERATION, OVERSEEDING, SOD, LAWN RENOVATIONS, MOLE CONTROL, VEGETATION CONTROL, POISON IVY CONTROL, SNOW REMOVAL, LANDSCAPING, MASONRY, MOSQUITO CONTROL