FRED'S CARPET

A 57 Reviews

Founded 1959 • Angie's List since February 2006

318 LARKFIELD RD

East Northport, NY 11731

Fred's Carpet is a third generation family business celebrating over 50 years of 'Old Fashioned Service.' Currently owned by Andy and Marianne Capobianco, we have been proudly serving the East Northport area since 1959. Our courteous and knowledgeable staff, combined with our great selection of products and expert installation, has been the key to our longevity and success. You'll find a comprehensive selection at Fred's Carpet. You can be assured that your selections will be manufactured to the highest standards and supported by warranties that will provide peace-of-mind for years to come. Abundant options and proven excellence are the first steps to a beautiful decor. If you've never been to our store, we invite you to come in and see what separates us from our competition. We look forward to meeting you!...

carpet installation (50)flooring (39)tile installation (2)carpet cleaning (2)blinds and curtain (1)

10/02/2018

Chris was incredible. he arrived on time, was fully repaired to complete the job, and did what was needed. very polite and he treated my property as if it was his own. we're completely satisfied with the work. no one could have done a better job than this.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
carpet was pulled up by water mitigation team to dry sub-flooring, needed to be reset and resealed where carpets met.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/15/2018

Thank you so much for your kind words... It was a pleasure doing business with you!

02/12/2018

The carpeting always came in on time and we never had to wait weeks to have it installed. We highly recommend Fred's Carpet.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have been using Fred's Carpet since 1984. We replaced carpeting in both our homes and relied on the expertise of both Andy and Mary Ann. They offer quality carpeting, but most important is their excellent customer service. We would never think to go any place else.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/31/2018

Thank you so much.....you are such a pleasure to do business with!

10/20/2017

Everything went smooth as glass on both installations.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpeted my granddaughter's bedroom and recarpeted my living room.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/05/2017

10/13/2017

Very smoothly. The person that did the job was very efficient, neat and we could tell that he knew what he was doing as part of our kitchen subflooring had to be rebuilt.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New sheet vinyl in kitchen and dining room and new carpet on stairway and loft.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2017

Thank you for the positive review, you were a pleasure to do business with! Sincerely, Marianne Capobianco

09/05/2017

I just remember the service was fantastic, the installation as well. I would recommend them to anybody. I'm very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpet installation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/30/2017

Thank you! You are a pleasure! I had so much fun helping you find the perfect Carpet! All the best, Marianne

08/01/2017

Very well and the installers worked quickly and well even vacuuming upon completion.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
wall to wall carpeting in our bedroom. My only complaint was that I had read that it was good to use an electric stretcher. I was assured that it would be used and was not.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/07/2017

06/20/2017

I called in morning when they opened and they asked me if they could call me back in 1 hr. Well no one called back all day, so I called them. When I called, they said sorry for not calling back and that they didn't have time to install this carpet for me. It is about 1 hr of labor only. I then said in not in a rush and can wait to have it installed and lady kept saying sorry, I I wish I could help...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
small home theater room carpet install. room was only 12 x 18.

CATEGORY carpet installation

So thank so much for your feedback, Tuesday mornings are our Monday mornings and quite hectic, we had a display that collapsed in the store which commanded our attention. When you spoke with sherry in the am she explained to you that there are a lot of variables when a customer buys there carpet online, firstly, we have no way of knowing whether it is first quality, so we can not guarantee an inst...

05/21/2017

We are so happy with our choice and grateful for the care, attention and concern Fred's showed helping us chose our flooring. The service was perfect too. Measurements taken right on schedule. Installation was right on time, professional, courteous, cleaned up, trash bagged and bundled. I had gotten so used to box store non-service, I was in awe of the care and attention we received by this family...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed a new floor in our kitchen. We had decided long ago on a cork floor for both environmental and aesthetic reasons. Didn't happen. Why? Because the sales people at Fred's asked questions. Do you have a pet? Yes. Consider something other than cork. It will absorb urine and you won't be happy (Fred's sells cork flooring and it was more expensive than what we ended up with).

CATEGORY flooring

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/21/2017

04/10/2017

Workers were excellent. The owner was not very friendly and short when asking questions, luckily he has excellent people working in the show room that compensate for him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpet runner

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/10/2017

D

02/24/2017

Within the four years we've had the tile, they've had to come out twice. They came to repair the same section of the boards underneath the tile both times. The gentleman who came out each time to fix the issue was arrogant about the whole situation and it felt like he tried to brush us off, suggesting we just cover the section with a rug.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed kitchen tile and laid boards underneath.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,flooring

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/17/2017

I am sorry you are still having this problem, I would like to call you to discuss this problem, I will,call you tomorrow, marianne

FLOORING AND WINDOW COVERING BUSINESS. COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL CARPET AND FLOORING, ALL PRICE RANGES. PREFINISHED WOOD, VINYL SHEET & TILE, LAMINATE, WINDOW COVERINGS INCLUDING HUNTER DOUGLAS. ATTENTIVE, PERSONAL, INTERIOR DESIGN ASSISTANCE.

CERAMIC TILE.