THE PADDED WAGON

Founded 1953 • Angie's List since February 2006

Not Rated| 10 Reviews

100-160 EMPLOYEES, NO SUBS, COST IS DETERMINED BY FLAT RATES AND HOURLY RATES, ASK FOR DETAILS ON TRAVEL CHARGES....

N/A

U-Move

0  REVIEWS
U-Move

Dedicated to making your move complete with ease while taking the best care of home and property! Call today for an Estimate

06/30/2016

see above.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The absolute worst moving company in the New York area. Totally unethical and incompetent. They book jobs and then don't show up. And they don't even call to tell you they are not coming! This happened when they were supposed to deliver the boxes and packing material and then again when they were supposed to pick up the furniture. They are totally unreliable.USE ANYONE BUT THEM!And I suspect many of the favorable reviews on social media are contrived, likely written by employees.

D

06/19/2014

I had typed out a whole long description of the nightmare move - the cut wires on expensive chandeliers that had to be rewired (at our expense!) the broken furniture, the bad attitude of and quot;Billand quot; and the massive about of damaged personal effects. They broke ivory pieces we had and replaced it w etched PLASTIC! I typed it out then decided that I will simply give you this warning. If y...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We were told this is a top moving company by several people, but we had such a bad experience I decided to write a review. To start with they billed themselves as a top quality moving company who handles jobs where antique furniture, expensive lighting fixtures, fine art, etc. The problems started immediately!

02/19/2013

It went very smoothly--on time and on estimate with no damage to furniture.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Packing, cataloging, moving and storing several desks, bookcases, chests of drawers, chairs from my apartment.

01/12/2012

I have hired, or advised clients to hire, Padded Wagon off and on since 1986. In general I have always been happy with their work; I do think that they are a little expensive. In addition, not all of the individual workers are equally professional. I would recommend them, but would also suggest checking out some of the competition.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving from one apartment to another within New York City. Prior to their internal split (see New Yorker Warehouse) I used to store with them as well.

C

08/09/2011

The move was as promised and the movers were great - nothing was broken and the supervisor provided boxxes before the move to make things go quicker. The only issue I have with Padded Wagon is that I thought I was billed too many hours for the drive to the storage facility and back - I make the round trip in 10 hours (without traffic) - I was charged for 18.5 hours. they did have to unload but tha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Padded Wagon picked up boxxes and furniture from our residence and moved to a storage facility in another state

CATEGORY moving companies

MOVING, STORAGE, PACKING, MOVING SUPPLIES SUCH AS BOXES, BUBBLE WRAP, CHINA WRAP, LINEN BOXES, BOOK BOXES.