Familycare Medical Group PC

Angie's List since April 2012

01/18/2015

He is very personable and will spend time with you, not rush you out.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Hughes is my family practitioner and I have been going to him for quite a while.

06/03/2014

I searched for a new Primary Care Physician for quite some time with both bedside manner and an ethic that I hold important.  I have been on a plant-based diet and training for a triathlon in order to lose weight, get off my medicines and lead a healthy life WITH my husband and our little girl.  Dr. Hughes came highly recommended here on Angies List so I decided to try him out and see if he would ...

09/16/2013

He is very good at recommending different services that I need.  He is careful who he recommends and he takes time to figure out what the problem is.  I don't feel rushed to be out of there.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was in an auto accident so I have had many appointments with Dr. Hughes.

09/12/2013

It was a very good appointment. the doctor was extremely thorough. He takes a whole-patient approach to medicine, treating the patient and not just the symptoms.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I switched primary care physicians from another doctor to Dr Christenson. My appointment was to assess my health situation and to get to know the doctor. He spent quite a long time with me talking about my healh history, past issues and treatment options for the future. I found Dr Christenson to be very personable, friendly and most of all, professional and knowledgable.

09/12/2013

As always, the visit went very well.  The only problem was that his staff had neglected to fax the form necessary for the procedure to the surgical staff at the Eye Center where I was having the procedure.  Unfortunately, this has happened in the past where his staff was supposed to fax or phone in prescriptions and it has not done and follow up by me was necessary.  However, his nurses are very f...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The reason for my appointment was for a pre-operative visit before having cataracts removed from both eyes.  I have been a patient of Dr. Hughes for some time and have always been treated as more than a patient.  He has always been very professional but when necessary he is very understanding, kind and caring.  For this visit, he took the time to review any recent problems that I might have had to be sure I was ready for the procedure.  He also calmed my fears about the procedure and told me that all would be well.