BENJAMIN FRANKLIN PLUMBING

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20141231

6 Simmons Ln

Albany, NY 12204

We've called Albany its home for close to 100 years! We know this town, its people and its homes. We are unique -an older community with specific needs when it comes to heating and cooling. We appreciate the tradition and history of Albany’s older homes. But just because our residences come from the era of the model T, doesn’t mean they have to run like one. Over time, we have become the experts in making sure an older home is running at peak efficiency when it comes to energy consumption. In order to properly diagnose your home’s needs, Farrell Brothers needs to look at its infrastructure, its duct work and air flow, insulation, windows and doors. All these things come into play when heating and cooling an older home. The biggest and best piece of equipment doesn’t always serve an Albany residence in the same way it would a brand new home....

plumbing (602)hvac repair (146)water heater repair and installation (88)drain cleaning (85)well and water pump (39)sewer cleaning (17)electrical (15)water softener installation and repair (14)air duct cleaning (13)appliance repair (12)gas leak repair (11)water and smoke damage (9)

10/09/2020

I needed to replace my hot water heater and wanted it done ASAP. As usual, I checked reviews on Angie's List and called several area plumbers. Most could not get to me for a day or two. When I talked to Benjamin Franklin's contact person, Chris, she took my information, gave me an exact and guaranteed price quote and said someone would get there later in the day. Within 30 minutes, she called back...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced hot water heater.

CATEGORY water heater repair,air duct cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2020

10/08/2020

Very Happy with the service and serviceman. Anieve was on time, professional and neat. I will call in the future if any plumbing issues arise.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New shower set installed.

CATEGORY plumbing,air duct cleaning

COST $1,435.32

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2020

C

06/30/2020

I got water leaking from my A.C. And I called these guys these guys came and did perform 20 mins service and charged me $400. These guys are very expensive.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC Service.

CATEGORY air duct cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/30/2020

I am glad we were able to stop the leak from your A/C to prevent further damage to your system. I am not sure if you were confused by our invoice but the charges incusrred for repairing the problem was $278.00 plus sales tax which came to total of $300.28. The system needed a stage 2 cleaning an a condensate drain flush which I am not sure how my technician could due in 20 minutes but sometimes we...

11/23/2019

Great! it was fixed and the clean up was complete within an hour

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replace seal on toilet

CATEGORY plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/12/2019

09/30/2019

Fine. He knew what to look for and didn't waste any time. Was very pleasant to me. All plumbers are expensive. It's difficult for seniors to pay large amounts out of pocket. But trade people are necessary. Now I'm looking for someone to do pruning and clean up my shrubbery in the front of my home.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Clogged garbage disposal going into my dishwasher

CATEGORY electrician,plumbing,water softeners

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/29/2019

07/25/2019

called told them what i needed done they told me they would have to ask if they do this type of work and would get back to me guess they lost my phone number..e-mail address

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
well pressure tank

CATEGORY plumbing,wells

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2019

06/26/2019

I’m taking the time to writing this review with the hopes that no other family has to have the experience we had with Farrell Brothers (now under Ben Franklin Plumbing). In the fall of 2016 we were undergoing a major kitchen renovation. It was a complete gut job and very costly (as these things usually are). Because it was going to be an open floor plan there ended up being a baseboard radiator we...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Eliminate a heating pipe in kitchen.

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/03/2016

04/17/2019

James was a terrific. He was the very professional and explained everything he was going to do prior to execution. What impressed me most was the fact that he went to Home Depot twice in the same day to resolve the issue. Not only that he also came back to fix an additional problem he noticed when he was fixing the original problem.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
There was a leak in our kitchen and we couldn't determine where the leak originated. We requested 7 quotes via angie's list and they were the first response.

CATEGORY plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2019

01/19/2019

went very well. Tech arrived on time, completed work quickly and when I had questions later on the team was very responsive.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
clogged sink and tub

CATEGORY plumbing,drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/19/2019

10/30/2018

Even thought the job was found to be more involved and take longer than anticipated the company stayed within the initial estimate. The technician did an excellent job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced hot water heater$179

CATEGORY plumbing,water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/24/2018

Repair & installation of plumbing, faucets, sinks, toilets, water heaters, heating and air-conditioning, furnaces & boilers, duct cleaning, sewer & drain & sheet metal fabrication.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available