Top Notch Handyman Services LLC

A 284 Reviews

Founded 2009 • Angie's List since August 2010

1480 Akard Dr

Reno, NV 89503

Hi folks, I've been away from Angie's since 2017 and it's good to be back. I offer a licensed handyman service fully compliant with the rules and regulations governing the licensing of handymen in the state of Nevada. I am an 8 time Super Service Award winner in 2012, 2013, and 2016 in multiple categories. We have the capability of doing almost anything you need done. I currently have other licensed individuals working with me. We do not employ subcontractors as we're able to do the work ourselves. I charge $90 per man hr. with a 2 hr. min. I make the initial customer visit personally to determine who'll be dispatched and what tools and materials they'll need. I do not charge for this initial visit and it gives me a chance to meet the customer and let them get to know me. I stand behind all my workmen and my name's on all work done. I'm licensed in the state, county and various cities as required (numbers available upon request). I offer a new customer 5% discount to Angie's List members. More than 500 company reviews may be found on Google, Yelp, my website, alan-topnotch.com, and Porch.com. Thank You for your consideration...A.J.Lynch................ Member of the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals and certified Full Service Professional with Handyman Association of America....

handyman (262)woodworking (34)plumbers (26)tile installation (26)door installation (25)home remodeling (23)interior painting (19)home remodeling (19)flooring (19)drywall (16)lighting (15)fence company (11)

12/24/2020

Alan guided us through two back-to-back bathroom remodels, with Jon onsite to lead and execute the renovation project. We had two people working remotely from home alongside Jon who was remodeling indoors full time. I cannot express how calm it was to have him in our home (even for a major construction project during a pandemic) and how nice it was to have someone we could trust to get the job don...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two bathroom remodels that changed the floor plan (plumbing movement and additions, drywall, electrical move and additions, wall framing, wall texture, shower pan and shower fixture installation, fixed door installation, tile work, window installation, vanity installation, pedestal sink install, tub relocation and install, etc)

CATEGORY ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,picture framing,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/02/2021

12/24/2020

We love how everything turned out! Jacob was very professional and always made sure that we got what we wanted. We even discussed future projects and definitely plan on using Top Notch again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of our range hood and some remodeling of our kitchen

CATEGORY countertops,drywall,electrician,handyman service,lighting,home remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/24/2020

Thanks for your business and your review

12/07/2020

Very professional technicians, excellent workmanship, and all work was completed quickly resulting in money saved. Very satisfied with the overall performance and work completed. I will definitely hire Top Notch Handyman Services again and I highly recommend Top Notch Handyman Services to anyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Numerous repairs and renovations

CATEGORY ceramic tile,countertops,decks,drywall,fencing,gutter repair,replacement windows,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/05/2020

Thanks for your business and the great review!

08/29/2017

Never called back to schedule after giving bid. Called multiple times and finally received a call back. Advised that he would call that night to set the schedule. Never hear from him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/29/2017

Mathew [Member Name Removed] (I don't know who Bill [Member Name Removed] is) contacted me back in January of this year regarding some stone work he needed done. I gave him an estimate and didn't hear from him again until July. I told him that Yes, I was interested in doing the job but couldn't at that time due to me taking a 2 week hiatus. I asked him to call me back in a couple of weeks and neve...

06/19/2017

Joe was great to work with. He got everything done and the work was top quality. I got a new barn door that I'll have him come replace the existing one with. Also have a picture and mirror that need hung so I'll call Top Notch back with a short list so they can knock it all out in one trip. I'm not sure why they were removed from the Angie's List lineup but they did great work for me and I'll use ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had 2 separate appointments total. Needed a ceiling fan installed, built in corner shelves removed from wall, some sanding work on a wall, fixed a janky screen door, and installed a sliding barn door in master bathroom.

CATEGORY handyman service,ceiling fans,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/24/2017

Thanks for the great review and I'm looking forward to your next project

05/16/2017

I have had Alan come to work for me twice now. Both times he has been here I have been beyond pleased with his work. He is extremely thorough and it is obvious he is knowledgeable about his craft. Each time he has been here he has left his work area immaculate, which I absolutely appreciate. I plan on using him in the future and recommending him to anyone who needs handyman services!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New steps made, replaced a door, took down some mirrors, cleaned all of my gutters and downspouts

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/16/2017

Thanks for the great review and your business

05/06/2017

This is the third time I have used Top Notch to do things around my home. As in the past, Alan and Joe have been early to their designated time of arrival by several minutes. This is great, as it make you feel as though they really care and want our business. This last time Joe came and painted a bedroom for me. He was so professional. Came in surveyed the room, empties out the furniture, removed ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a bedroom painted

CATEGORY handyman service,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/10/2017

Your review and business is greatly appreciated . Thanks for choosing Top Notch.

05/02/2017

Excellent job. Great suggestions. On time quality work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed a raised platform in our dining room, inserted a subfloor and fixed drywall around edges.

CATEGORY drywall,flooring contractor,handyman service,remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/29/2017

Thanks for your business and the great review

04/22/2017

Top Notch Handyman Services LLC was very responsive to my request for services, in fact they made themselves available to come out the same day!  I was very impressed with the professional nature of the services provided.  Alan, the handyman who performed my service, was very clean and respectful.  He brought all of his own tools including a towel for any water that may drain out of the existing w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed my washing machine hoses and adjusted the machine in my laundry room for a better fit and location.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/20/2017

Thanks for the great review and your business

04/12/2017

Great. I will be using them again in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Helllo. I found this company through a web search. I needed 2 drawers in my kitchen fixed, a bookcase & a bed for my daughters doll to be put together and fixtures to be switched out in my guest bathroom. He completed all of this in a timely manner, with quality work. Their hourly rate was fair.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/12/2017

A very grateful thank you for the business you provided and the great review, looking forward to the next project.

Carpentry. Drywall. Taping & texturing. Painting. Hauling. Concrete. Cabinetry. Roofing. Sprinkler systems. Fencing. Remodeling & renovation. Dog walking. Christmas light hanging. Check my website at alan-topnotch.com for more services offered.

Plumbing and Electrical. Ask for details.