C & R Pecan & Landscaping Inc

Founded 1980 • Angie's List since December 2012

Shake & Harvest pecans. Buy & sell pecans. Irrigation systems & landscaping...

New Horizons Landscape Management

We are a One-Stop shop for all of your outdoor landscape and hardscape renovation needs. We specialize in: Commercial & Residential Sprinkler Systems (Licensed Irrigators on Staff), Irrigation & Sod Packages for New and Existing Constructions, Full Landscape Renovations, Artificial Turf, Paver and Concrete works, Masonry and Wood Fencing, Pergolas, Gazebos, Outdoor Fire Pits and Kitchens, New Plant and Tree installations, Custom Project 3D Designs, and lawn care maintenance. We stand behind our work and offer a 1-2 year warranty on most services. We also have over 10+ years of experience, Owner-operated, insured, and local. Call us today for a free consultation!

12/25/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have C & R clean my pecans every year. Never have any problems with them. They do a good job. It isn't a job for me due to allergies. I'm sick right now and have a yard full of pecans that I will be taking to C & R for cleaning after I pick them up.

CATEGORY landscaping

01/01/2013

I've used C & R Pecans/Landscaping for several years and have never had a problem with them or their work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I stopped by their business office early one morning and left a note for the office secretary with an employee.  I asked him to pass the note on to the secretary.  I requested that they come by and shake my pecan tree (in the back yard) closest to the alley.  They cannot shake the other tree because it is too far into my yard for the machine to reach.  They add your name to the list and will come by your home to shake trees when they get to it.  I ask them to come by and shake the tree even if I'm not home.  They send me a bill unless I decide to go by the office and pay.  This is a family style business - nothing fancy - just hard working people who do a good job.  They are dependable and have the equipment to do the job.  Keep in mind that when they shake the trees, pecans aren't the only thing that comes down!  You will also have a yard full of twigs, small branches, and sometimes large branches.  Maybe a bird's egg or nest, a squirrel nest, etc. - YOU GET THE PICTURE?  If that bothers you, don't expect them to prevent that from happening. Due to extreme seasonal allergies, I have them shake my tree every year (the wind doesn't ever bring all of them down).  After I pick up the pecans, I take the pecans to their plant on Main St. to have them shake out the leaves, twigs, rocks, etc. that get picked up by my harvester when I collect the nuts (this is a separate service they provide that you must pay for).  The people that I use to process (shell and clean) the nuts for me will not do the job if there are rocks, twigs, leaves, etc. mixed in with the pecans.  So, I use C & R for more than one type of service each year at harvest.  I sell some of the pecans to them and I keep some for myself (I have someone else shell and clean my pecans because I get so sick whenever I handle them and C & R doesn't do that).  I like pecans and even though I must spend a fair amount of money for every pecan harvest, it is worth it to me to have fresh quality pecans every year.  Many people think it's crazy to spend what I spend on the nuts - but - a visit to the doctor, an Rx for infection, sick days, etc. is no picnic and that costs plenty of money, too! Don't KID yourself - pecan trees are not cheap to grow.  If you want a good harvest, you can plan on other expenses, too.  Pesticides, fertilizers, high water bills, etc.  If you are like me - suffer from seasonal allergies or don't have the time to do it yourself,                    consider C & R to help you get the job done.

CATEGORY landscaping

shake, harvest,buy & sell pecans in Eddy county. Irrigation systems & landscaping on commercial level

Do not offer irrigtion & landscaping on residential level

Check, Visa, Discover