MIDAS AUTO SVC EXPERTS

Founded 1977 • Angie's List since August 2010

B Rated | 7 Reviews

Midas Albuquerque is locally owned and opperated, started servicing the Albuquerque area in 1977....

Tom Quirk AutomotiveK AUTOMOTIVE

family owned business

08/02/2017

The price varies, because I use coupons.

01/12/2015

I wasn't there that long. They got me in and out. You can make an appointment with them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went in for an oil change. They topped off all the fluids and did an inspection, which was nice because I had just taken the car for a long trip.

06/05/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They mis-quoted the struts for the front end as there are two different type, one for the left and one for the right, with a difference of about $150.00. When the manager called me and informed me of this, I wasn't to happy. However, we were able to negotiate a happy medium and I am satisfied with the results.

02/05/2013

My Toyota pickup - a 1991 model, was missing badly, having gone over a year and a half without service. All I'd done was maintain oil levels and tire pressure. It hadn't been driven regularly for six months. Not willing to drive ten miles to my favorite Toyota shop, I chose this business, having had good work done in previous years. I explained the problem, and the shop immediately did a diagnosti...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Good work, but costly

07/19/2012

It was horrible. The staff at the shop was very aggressive in selling us products that we didn't want. They basically told my wife that she was in eminent danger and pressured her to put new brakes on the vehicle. The owners of the business have not been helpful in resolving the matter.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My wife called and got an $80 quote to have the air conditioning serviced. When she got to the shop they immediately put the vehicle on the rack and started looking for additional things that they could sell her. She did not authorize any inspections of the vehicle and she didn't know it was on the rack until they came to show her the brakes. They then told her that the brakes were dangerous and they needed to be replaced immediately. We were not having any problems with the brakes but they used high pressure sales tactics to sell her a complete brake job. We didn't need the brake job and even if we did their price was 3X everyone else. We were quoted $80 on the phone but they wound up charging us $800 for work we didn't want! We asked for a refund but they refused.

CATEGORY auto repair

Midas is no longer just mufflers! Over the past 25 year Midas has transformed it's muffler shops into total car care. From your basic need like oil change & tire rotation to the more in depth services including engine repair & drivability diagnostics and everything in between. Some examples include brakes, tires, shock, struts, front end repairs, alignments, filters, fuel pumps, check engine light, all manufactures scheduled maintenance to help maintain your vehicle and it's manufacture warranty

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available