American Appliance Service

A54 REVIEWS

Founded 1972 • Angie's List since June 2010

Union County, Morris County, Middlesex County Somerset County and Essex County

Woodbridge, NJ, 07064

American Appliance Service is family owned and operated for over 40 years. We service Morris, Somerset, Union, Essex and Middlesex counties. We provided service on most brands. We are reachable most hours of the day, everyday....

Appliance Repair (54)

12/08/2019

John is the consummate professional! He's helped me out several times now and I am sure to call him again! He's everything you want in an appliance repair person. I gave him A's in all the categories above.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refrigerator repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/08/2019

10/22/2019

Perfect Alert 30 minutes before arrival Fixed the problem expeditiously

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace faulty light switch in the refrigerator

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2019

10/14/2019

His direction for us left the service man with less money but he was clear he wanted us to be smart in our decision which we were. Would highly recommend their company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed to evaluate the problem with the Refrigerator/freezer, Gas Range, and Dishwasher. The Dishwasher was perfect, but cost of parts for both the range and R&F was just to expensive, his recommendation was to purchase new. Which we did it was the smartest direction for us to take. .

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/13/2019

09/30/2019

Service was prompt, and I was kept well informed. They determined that the water pump on the relatively new GE dishwasher had failed and that it wasn't worth replacing it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Check a non-functioning dishwasher

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2019

09/30/2019

Jonathan made it look easy to reassemble the many parts & pieces of my gas dryer after properly replacing the belt which had broken. He was very knowledgeable, courteous and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reassembled my gas dryer after my unsuccessful DIY repair.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2019

08/23/2019

This company is A+. They were able to fit me in the day I called. Jonathan arrived on time as scheduled. He found the problem quickly and had the necessary part with him. He explained the cause, cleaned my vents and gave me some helpful maintenance tips. Very professional and cleaned up afterwards. I highly recommend and will definitely call on them again if I am in need of repair. Thank you!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My 4-year old LG dryer stopped heating and I was in a panic to find someone who could fix it ASAP (because I had a ton of laundry piled up!).

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/23/2019

07/11/2019

1) I called the day after the holiday and the guy answering, Walter, snapped and asked how I got the number because they were on vacation?!?! Scheduled a service call anyway and was told he would arrive between 2 and 5 pm. 2) Service guy came the following Monday, showed up over 30 minutes past the 2 hr window with no phone call or apology which would’ve been courteous to say the least. 3)Got a ca...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Washing machine/refrigerator repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2019

06/28/2019

A first visit determined we needed a part.2 days later the part artived and was installed quickly and professionally . Cost was fair.We wilcall again for other repair needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our dryer need a timer and would no Onger blow warm air.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/27/2019

05/08/2019

I have been using this family owned and operated repair service for over 10 years. It is a father and son run business. They are ALWAYS prompt, courteous, polite and very professional. I would not use anyone else.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
dryer not working he diagnosed it ordered the part. Will arrive in 2 days.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/07/2019

05/02/2019

Jonathon came out the day after I called to service my dryer. Quickly identified the problem and told me it was the belt and repaired it. He was very courteous and nice. Very responsive. They do charge $90.00 for service call but if you use their service they will apply the charge to your repair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electric dryer would not start

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/23/2019