Ernest & Sons General Contractors

A18 REVIEWS

Founded 1997 • Angie's List since June 2010

West Orange, NJ 07052

Ernest & Sons General Contractors and Landscaping Design We meet all of your residential needs. * Landscape * Hardscape * Shrubs * Mulching * Planting * Top Soil * Sod * Shrub Removal * Spring Clean Up * Driveways * Pavers * Patios * Steps * Curves * Retaining Walls * Seal Coating We have over ten years in business and landscape design. We provide experienced quality work at reasonable rates. Tell us what you have in mind and we will build it for you and your family. Call Us!...

hardscaping (11)landscaping (8)concrete repair (6)masonry (2)concrete driveway installation (2)home remodeling (1)excavating (1)landscape lighting (1)

03/10/2020

It went extremely well. They knew what they were doing. When something went wrong they took care of it. They were punctual. They showed up when they said they would. They were clean and didn't leave any trash. We were extremely pleased with them. The retaining wall 8 feet high and 90 ft long. I would highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They demolished an existing retaining wall and built a new one on our residential property.

CATEGORY masonry, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2019

02/26/2020

It was very great and it was good working with them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They renovated our house. Put addition on and added a second floor

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2019

02/20/2020

It went perfect! Everything was on time, the service was great, the responsive was great, and the driveway came out exactly the way we expected.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did driveway.

CATEGORY concrete repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2019

02/20/2020

It went very well. They are very good. Their timing is great. There have been a couple times when my son was parked in the driveway and we had to reschedule but it was no problem. Every time they come out they make sure everything is done. They are very fast. The service is super!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping

CATEGORY landscaper

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/29/2019

01/09/2018

This company is extremely unprofessional. I received a coupon in the mail and decided to give them a call. I needed someone to come look at my existing driveway to tell me how much it would cost to remove what is there now, then replace the driveway and also make it wider. I scheduled an appointment for a Saturday at noon. I was waiting for someone to arrive and no one did, so I called the office ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Estimate for new driveway

CATEGORY concrete driveway, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/26/2017

C

09/17/2015

BUYER BEWARE.  I hate long reviews...but I wish someone rang the warning bell with a review of their experiences before we used Ernest & Sons. To be fair In the end the job was done--but at what cost?  We worked with Jose a few years back to replace our driveway.  Jose and team did an excellent job.  So when we wanted to have our patio and walkway done we called Ernest and sons again.  This time w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
removed patio and install drain and pavers

CATEGORY landscaper, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2015

11/05/2014

They are very easy to talk to and schedule. I've never had any complaints.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We use them every month for landscaping, snow removal, or whatever.

CATEGORY landscaper

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2014

08/18/2014

All went well. It took over a month for the job to begin but once it did, the crew worked diligently. Didn't always know when they were showing up. Surprised that they did not show up on Saturday but came on a Sunday. Fine job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced walkway, paved driveway, replaced top of retaining wall, removed tree stump, added a concrete block in the backyard

CATEGORY hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2014

06/16/2014

Rain throughout the week prolonged the job. Guys worked when they could. Original estimate was agreed upon but as the job began, it was noted & evidenced that additional work was needed due to rotting rail ties. We agreed and were charged an additional amount. As work continued, we were surprised at the amount of work necessary to finalize the job. But pleased with the quality of workmanship. Prop...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair of cement walkway and support walls.

CATEGORY concrete repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/02/2014

Photo for Ernest & Sons General Contractors - unknown, West Orange, NJ - 20318242
C

06/06/2014

All of the work was done quickly, professionally, and met my high standards. The only problem arose when they installed my railings while I was out without having me select the style. I came home on the last day of work and everything was complete, even railings that I had not seen or approved. Initially, I didn't want to make them redo it. I thought I could live with it. I paid in full and they l...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed paver stones on front walkway, poured new front steps including footings and brickwork, laid pavers in my backyard, installed a new piece of fence, installed new railings on front stoop.

CATEGORY hardscaping