A-RITEWAY CHIMNEY INC

Angie's List since November 2007

D Rated | 6 Reviews

ADDITIONAL PHONES: (973)7420123, (973)3381999, (908)2893330, (201)8232522, (732)2482333 & (973)5462299....

Doctor Chimney LLC

Welcome to Chimney Services in New Jersey - Doctor Chimney your neighborhood chimney and fireplace service provider! Established in Fort Lee, New jersey, our family-owned business has grown to repair, inspect chimneys and fireplaces in homes across all New Jersey area. Doctor Chimney LLC, takes pride in offering exceptional customer service and the highest quality products. We are an education-driven service company committed to providing the best customer experience possible through knowledge, integrity, and ethical business practices. Whether you are in need of a new chimney cap or a full chimney-rebuild we can help. Give us a call today and allow us to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. All our work is guaranteed. Contact Doctor Chimney today to set up an appointment and get instant quote in a visit learn more about what we can do for you! Lastly, we do not provide services for GAS FIREPLACES, thank you for your understanding. Also, visit us at www.doctorchimney.com

04/09/2012

They were solely hired to fix my chimney. They took advantage of me all the way around. They brought in an air conditioning unit that I told them I didn't want. They opened my roof and said I needed insulation, and threw the insulation out in the middle of my lawn. They pulled tape off my furnace that has caused me health problems. They never returned my calls. They always say that they will give ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had them install a chimney.

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

10/07/2009

On August 19th I spoke with James who set up an appointment. They didn?t show up for this appointment or the two additional appointments that were scheduled after. It is now October and nothing has been done. I wouldn?t hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I chose a cast iron vent cap to be put on my chimney to stop the draft. They showed me the model. They didn’t go on my roof to check what I got. After they installed the cap, I had trouble with water leaking down my chimney and drafts in April. I called them about this and they came back out. They said I needed additional work. They poured new cement and said they needed to add new roofing cement to the flashing, which one would assume they would have done the first time.

CATEGORY chimney caps

09/02/2009

Called them on Friday to schedule for the following week. They called to let me know they were running a little behind, but when they got here they got the work done. I'm happy with how quickly and smoothly the work went. The finished job looks much better than the previous one from 1992 and they did a nice job of cleaning up before they left.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed old chimney liner and ductwork from furnace and water heater and replaced with new.

CATEGORY chimney repair

D

05/09/2009

We will not hire this company again. They clearly try to overcharge customers as much as possible. They don't really care about the quality of the job done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired this company last fall to fix and install leaf guards on our gutters. They didn't install end caps to seal the space between the cover and the gutter, so we now have birds and squirrels nesting in our gutters. I called Riteway and talked to Mark about this. He promised to send someone to fix the problem. Instead, a saleman showed up, almost 3 hours late by the way. He wanted to charge us $1,400 to do some work that we didn't require. When we told him how much we paid a few months earlier, he dropped the price $400 on the spot but he ignored our request to just have the ends of the gutters capped.

CATEGORY gutter repair

D

07/17/2008

The man who came out was very pleasant and I hired them to do the work. As soon as I paid them he left and a crew came in to do the work. They were messy and didn't work very diligently. They got cement on our patio and on parts of the front of the house. They eventually cleaned up after themselves but the whole experience was very sloppy. They had to come out a second time to fix the work they di...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired them to fix my steps in the from and the back of my home.

CATEGORY masonry

CHIMNEY RELINING SYSTEMS, CHIMNEY CLEANING, CHIMNEY REBUILD & REPAIR, MASONRY CHIMNEY WATERPROOFING, CHIMNEY CAPS & FLASHING. NEW ROOF CONSTRUCTION, ROOF VENTILATION, ROOF INSPECTIONS, ROOF REPAIR & MAINTENANCE & LEAK DETECTION. GUTTER CLEANING, SCREENING, REPAIR & REPLACEMENT. BASEMENT WATERPROOFING & FOUNDATION REPAIR, MASONRY & INSULATION.