MIDAS AUTO SERVICE EXPERTS

Founded 1970 • Angie's List since June 2005

AUTO-TOPIA INC

23  REVIEWS
AUTO-TOPIA INC

**AUTO TOPIA, INC.** SPECIALIZING IN TIRE & AUTO REPAIR!!! We are a local certified, full service repair and car care center and pre-owned dealership serving our community with pride for over 20 years. We are licensed, insured, and bonded in the state of New York . Our reputation in our community is impeccable. We are recommended by the Better Business Bureau and by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, and all of our customers. We are certified to perform maintenance on any and all vehicles! All of our vehicles go through an extensive, 122-point inspection checklist and pre-owned vehicle prepping service before leaving our shop. We pride ourselves on selling only the best vehicles. We also offer Paint-less Dent Removal and Body Shop Estimates for your vehicle and full vehicle detailing to keep your car or truck looking like new! **ALL VEHICLES SOLD BY US ARE 100% RELIABLE** We are located at 233 County Line Road in South Amityville Village , NY , 11701 Daytime Contact Phone Number (631)797-0029 -- Ask for Tony

09/16/2013

Took the car in to diagnose the noise that was coming from under the car.  Apparently the exhaust flex pipe has corroded.  Ended up modifying and replacing that piece.  It was done quickly while I waited.  I appreciate that.  It definitely lessen the noise, but I still hear it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix flex pipe by the catalytic converter

CATEGORY muffler repair,auto repair

12/20/2008

The guy we work with seems to be a nice guy. He gives us discounts when we need them, lets us know when the website has coupons and the price seems reasonable. We are pretty satisfied with them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have been using them for service to my vehicle for about 6 months. Surprising they do a lot of general overall maintenance and their pretty good.

09/23/2008

They're not perfect (see my son's cracked rear brake drum in description of service). On the other hand, I expected a much higher bill (see my 4Runner exhaust info) for my car's trouble. Overall, I'm satisfied and will return again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My college son's 1996 Toyota Camry was brought in for brakes (new rotors and pads), an oil change, and replacement of broken marker lights (the whole light fixture on each front side, not just bulbs) at just under $800. They'd get a perfect score if not for a cracked rear brake drum they missed the first time, but repaired at additional cost (about a $100) later. Between his two visits, I came in with a leaking exhaust on my 1995 Toyota 4Runner, and they informed me it was a simple gasket between the catalytic converter and the exhaust pipe. And they replaced a rusted-away tailpipe hanger by custom-configuring a solution. I was prepared to pay upwards of $500 for a new exhaust but came away with a bill just over $70.

09/19/2007

I was very upset at what this station did to my car. I picked up the car in the afternoon only to have to bring it back to get repaired again, because whatever they did didn t fix it. They supposedly did something with the new part and when I took it out of the garage later that day it sounded fine. Just a short time later the car started to overheat badly. I brought it to another mechanic who tol...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We brought in our 2000 Nissan Pathfinder because we were noticing strange noises in the engine. They kept the car all morning as we left it there and replaced a part that was making the noise. As soon as I picked up the car in the afternoon I noticed the noise was still there. I brought it back and they fixed it this time.

09/18/2007

Midas Auto Service Experts did a fine job on my car and I am very happy with them. They got me in fast and the price was not bad at all. I think they have good mechanics here and I also think they are honest.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I took my 1989 Olds here to have the muffler replaced. It was loose and making a terrible noise.

CATEGORY muffler repair