D.A.S. Appliance Service

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

12 Brook Street

Old Bridge, NJ 08857

We are a small, family-owned business. Sam is the primary technician with 2 helpers when needed. There is a $50.00 - $70.00 service charge depending on distance (not including tax) for Sam to come out and diagnose the problem. We prefer not to bill and payment is expected at the time of service. We do accept checks but not credit cards. At present, we are offering a $10.00 discount on any repair over $75 for Angie's List members who are first-time customers....

appliance repair (142)hvac repair (24)small appliance repair (10)

02/26/2020

Do NOT hire them to repair an icemaker. Sam came out twice to repair my icemaker. He charged me $250 the first time, but I still got no ice. He came out again and replaced a second part for $150, and I got 10 cubes in three days, then no more ice after that. I called several weeks later (after I got back from doing a job in NY, and also after the holidays) and told them I still had no ice... and t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
icemaker repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2019

The member fails to mention the number of months he waited before he called to say he still had a problem. The first date of service was 8/7/19. The member called a month later to report that he was still having a problem. We went back out on 9/12/19 to address the problem. We assumed the problem had been resolved since we did not hear from the member within the 3-month warranty period on all part...

12/09/2019

Sam was very nice and professional. He told me on phone how to tell whether the igniter was bad or not. With the symptoms, he told me it appeared that the igniter needed replacement and quoted the price to do it on phone. He came on schedule and replaced the igniter and dryer is now working.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/29/2019

11/23/2019

Came to check oven door that was locked as I told them when when I called. He came in saw that it was locked, checked the surroundings of the stove and made some phone calls and checked the back of stove. Proceeded to tell me he didn’t know and had to check a computer. He charged me 50 dollars to come out and I NEVER heard from him again. I called and left messages and spoke to someone once who pr...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My oven door was locked

CATEGORY appliance repair

The member fails to mention that she had a family member working on the problem. It is our policy not to work on appliances that have already been tampered with because there is no way to know what has transpired. It makes a possible simple repair much harder to diagnose . Under the circumstances, we did the best we could and charged a service charge.

08/13/2019

I was happy to see that this appliance repair service was local. The office staff were friendly and courteous. The repairman was punctual, calling before he came, and the cost was very reasonable. I will hire this company again to fix my dryer in the fall.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair refrigerator freezer.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2019

04/17/2019

Very reasonably priced. Problem identified and resolved quicker than the competition could even come for initial service call. Sam and DAS are the real deal for small and large appliance repairs

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/17/2019

11/05/2018

Besides the pump taking a while to get delivered they were professional and friendly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dishwasher repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/05/2018

07/30/2018

Mark did a great job with the installation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Range hood installation.

CATEGORY small appliance repair

05/16/2018

We called Sam at 6pm and left a message. He immediately returned our call and came over the next morning. He cleaned the condenser unit hoping that was the problem. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Sam returned the next day, checked it out and ordered a new thermostat. As soon as he obtained it, he came over and installed it. Sam was awesome and his price was extremely reasonable. We will always use Sam ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The side-by-side refrigerator/freezer needed repair.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/16/2018

04/06/2018

Was impressed with how fast he was at our home to check out the issue with our oven. ( within the hour) wasn’t expecting that. Luckily my wife was home at the time. Accessed the situation gave us an estimate we agreed on a day for him to return with the part that was needed. He came back promptly the day he was supposed to and took care of the issue. Very satisfied with the whole process.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our oven wouldn’t turn on anymore.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/04/2018

03/28/2018

ppliance Service will be my go to contractor

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gas dryer repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/28/2018

We repair and service most major appliances such as central air and individual air conditioning units, furnaces, garbage disposal units, cook tops, range hoods, washers, dryers & dishwashers. In most instances, we offer same day service with special consideration given to emergency situations. We believe our fees to be fair and pride ourselves in going above and beyond in any given situation. We are closed on Sundays but will consider an emergency call for a service charge of $90.00 plus tax.

In most instantances, our services are flexible but depend on reasonable requests. It is to be noted that WE DO NOT SERVICE MICROWAVE OVENS, oil burners nor high end appliances, such as Electrolux, etc. WE CAN NO LONGER INSTALL A.C. UNITS OR FURNACES. We are closed on Sundays but will consider a true EMERGENCY call for an additional service charge plus tax. PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to refuse service where parking and/or accessing a premises becomes a challenge.