Christopher Construction LLC

A15 REVIEWS

Founded 1990 • Angie's List since August 2012

185 Spring Mills Rd

Milford, NJ 08848

Christopher Construction Experts in Masonry & Hardscape we are located in Hunterdon County, New Jersey. We are a NJ Mason &, Hardscape Company in business for over 20 years serving most of NJ. We are proudly committed to our Reliability, Value and Customer Satisfaction on which the foundation of our business has been built. We offer a wide range of quality services including Stone work including fireplace fronts, Brick pavers & concrete patios and sidewalks,retaining walls, fire pits, outdoor kitchens all types of hardscape & masonry.. Deal with the owner from first call to completion of your project, No job too small ,we offer free quotes & fully insured.We accept credit cards...

masonry (10)concrete repair (5)hardscaping (4)deck building (2)foundation repair (2)

04/25/2018

They did a great job designing steps that matched our home and new walkway. Classy use of bluestone and brick. Quality craftsmanship and nice people. Everyone who sees the new steps is impressed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New front steps

CATEGORY masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/23/2018

Photo for Christopher Construction LLC - 185 Spring Mills Rd, Milford, NJ - 37010628

Thanks [Member Name Removed] It was a pleasure working with you on this project. Thanks for the great review! Best regards Chris

06/29/2017

Quality materials were expertly installed at a good price. Chris was here working and overseeing the project every day of the process. He even put the final touches on the patio himself. This was a very positive experience from start to finish. Even though Christopher Construction does much more elaborate work than my patio entailed, they still put in the time and attention it took to make sure th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
concrete and paver patio measuring 20X25

CATEGORY concrete repair, masonry, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/23/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed] Great to hear! Thank you for letting us be part of beautifying your home and the great review! Best Regards Chris
D

03/20/2017

Sent this contractor an email with photographs of my crumbling steps. He responded very quickly (almost immediately) and indicated that my entire porch would need to be removed to ground level and rebuilt from scratch. Did not even visit my location and provided a sight unseen estimate of nearly $5000. Would not even entertain just replacing the bricks and re pointing the existing masonry.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed my front steps re-done the bricks were coming loose.

CATEGORY concrete repair, masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2016

Sorry to hear that a quick response to your request for a free estimate somehow upset you. You emailed us photos of your porch & I told you in the quote it would be unpractical to do a repair because in good faith I cannot do a repair on an unsafe porch. So, we wrote up a quote for a new porch for $3275 M&L included not $5000 as you stated. I never heard from you again until this review. I always ...

01/11/2017

Excellent. Rejuvenated the complete front, first view of my house. I was undecided as to with what materials to replace existing front porches. I was invited to meet with owner at an independent stone yard to look at actual material and suggestions to use. I had my choice of what the final stones would be, including a mixed blend. Price to include rebuilding 2nd front porch steps and landing in ce...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed Main entrance porch,remove all pre-existing decayed techo bloc material. Install fieldstone for risers with for egdes and steps.
Install random natural bluestone flagging for platform
 Laundry room porch and step,remove (2) steps the brick edges on porch and the concrete. Rebuild steps to 12 in wide,install fieldstone on existing porch block and on steps. Limestone for porch edge and both steps,platform to get rebar,wire 4 inch concrete. Install random natural bluestone flagging on new concrete with polymer cement Included
All labor and material

CATEGORY concrete repair, masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2016

05/13/2016

From the initial contact to provide the estimate to the completion of the work Chris and Dean were professional, timely and neat. Chris came out when he said he would and provided great insight and feedback to what I wanted to do. I feel the price that I was quoted and paid was incredibly reasonable when I look at all of the work that was done. The entire job took a couple of weeks as estimated. C...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuild front steps with new block and bluestone treads. Porch veneer to have think brink veneer installed over existing stucco. Brick trim of porch replaced with blue stone. Front sidewalk existing pavers removed and replaced with 92 sq ft of pavers Walk on side of house existing pavers removed and replaced with new pavers Removed existing wood deck and replaced with new 16x10.6 patio, steps and platform built off back door. All existing debris removed

CATEGORY decks, masonry, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/11/2016

04/09/2016

Chris and his assistant Dean worked for seven days on this project, with an additional two days of work rained out.  The project started a few days ahead of schedule.  I requested that we communicate via email which Chris did regularly.  Unfortunately we did not receive any notification of cancellations due to weather.  This was an issue because they needed access to the house which would not have...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Demolished front steps and replaced with bluestone steps and edge and concrete.  Excavated 200 sq. ft. front walkways and set pavingstones according to the desired pattern with border.  Contracted with railing company to install new aluminum hand rail on steps.

CATEGORY masonry, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/06/2016

Photo for Christopher Construction LLC - 185 Spring Mills Rd, Milford, NJ - 31537455

07/19/2015

An excellent job, professional communication and an over all great experience. This was the second job Chris did for me, the first was at a house I was selling in 2013 in Flemington and involved a similar job. A two step landing by my front door required repointing bricks and again he did a great job. Highly recommended.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chris repointed edge bricks around a patio.

CATEGORY

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/25/2014

05/26/2015

The job went very well.  Christopher started the job on time, worked with us to keep the price within our budget and gave us options too.  His masonry work is really good and we are very happy with our new porch. We asked him if he could also patch a piece of cement near our garage while he was there and he did so free of charge.  He also relaid our pavers near the porch that had been coming up.  ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed crumbling 8'x4' porch to grade and rebuilt porch with concrete block, brick risers & sides and limestone platform edges and steps.

CATEGORY decks, masonry, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/11/2015

05/12/2015

I called to get an estimate. Two days later he called and we set up an appointment day and time. He didn't come the time we set up. After 2 hours waiting for him, I called and left a message to see if he was still coming. He never returned my call that day. It's been 3 days since then and I still haven't received a call.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Nothing was estimated or done.

CATEGORY

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2015

07/09/2013

He did very nice work. He did a very good job. One of his workers ended leaving some material and I told them about that and they came right back and picked it up. I was very pleased. He was very good and I was happy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used Christopher Construction to rebuild my concrete steps going into the house.

CATEGORY concrete repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2013

Installation & Repair Services. Stone work,Brick Pavers & Concrete Sidewalks, Patios& Driveways. Retaining Walls, Porches, Outdoor Fireplaces, Kitchens, Bread & Pizza Ovens, Custom BBQ'S, Ponds & Waterfalls, Stone Work, Cultured Stone & Full Veneer Stone. Hardscape & Masonry Brick & Stone Mailboxes, Fire pits, Curbing & Belgium Block & Concrete, Cultured & Full Veneer Stone. All types of masonry & hardscape

we do not offer stamped concrete

Not Applicable