Solar Living, Inc

A 64 Reviews

Founded 1977 • Angie's List since June 2007

P.O. BOX 1174

Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

Providing Better than free solar(tm) electric solutions and Every degree is free(R) pool/water heating solutions. USA manufactured materials focused. 40+ years of continuous operations serving NJ and northeastern PA. Licensed and insured....

solar panel installation (61)pool and spa cleaning (22)water heater repair and installation (10)electrical (9)plumbing (2)

05/02/2017

It went extremely well. The leak was fixed and the cost was minimal Thanks for the great service. We highly recommend this company

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We installed a pool solar heating system more than 10 years ago and we have been so happy and satisfied with the system. We sprung a small leak and Solar Living was here the next day to make the repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/02/2017

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to leave us some feedback. We are happy to hear that the solar pool heater has been working so well for you. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you in the future. Thank you, Ethan

02/15/2017

Solar Living installed solar panels for my above ground pool in 2014 with such a short season to use the pool these panels extended the season from 3 months to 5 months.  I can now open my pool in May with a water temperature of 56 degrees and be swimming in it 2 days later (I do not swim in cold water) that is how fast these panels work..   We recently heard a banging on the roof during high wind...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Solar Panels installed for above ground pool on the roof.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/15/2017

Thank for taking time to write such a glowing review of your experience with our solar pool heating system design where Every degree is free(R). Glad to hear you can enjoy your pool longer in more comfortable temps. Celebrating 40 years serving the NJ solar community, we're happy to be able to help.

06/02/2016

Solar Living installed a solar panel pool heating system this May in a previously unheated pool that was too cold to enjoy even in the height of summer. The pool opened at 56 degrees, the panels were installed and ten days later the water was 86! Solar living came out to our house and suggested putting the panels on a custom-built rack to the back of the pool in a unused sloping part of the yard. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed new solar panel heating system

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our solar pool heating system design and installation. We are always thrilled to hear how our customers get to enjoy using their pool more often thanks to the free degrees captured by our solar pool heating system solutions. We wish you many years of continued enjoyment. Happy swimming.

05/24/2016

Everything was better than could be expected

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Solar Living installed solar heat panels for my pool about 20 years ago.  They have a service fee of $80.00 er year that covers all labor and a 25% discount on parts.  When I opened the pool this spring, we noticed that the valve was leaking.  I called for service and the tech was there the next day.  He did a temporary repair and also repaired some cracks in the solar panels on the roof.  Just came back today to replace the part..  When I asked for the bill I was told that the part was given to them and there would be no charge.  Can't ask for better service than that.

CATEGORY water heater repair,solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our recent solar pool heating system warranty service. It has been our pleasure having you as a solar pool heating system customer for all of these years and look forward to many more ahead.

05/19/2016

Solar Living installed my solar hot water solar system 4 years ago.   They installed it in 2 days and it has worked perfectly ever since.   I recently noticed a very small amount of water that appeared to be coming from one of the pipes that feed into my solar tank.  I called Solar Living and they were able to send someone to my home very quickly.  The agent from Solar Living arrived punctually an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Checked my solar system to see if there was a leak

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with our solar domestic water heating system design, installation and service. Our goal is to achieve this type of experience with everything we do, including solar pool heating and solar electric systems. It's been our pleasure to assist you and others like you for over 38 years.

05/05/2016

I provided Mike with the information of my existing system. He got back to me by the end of the day with a quick calculation recommending that my existing system is fine. He also examined my roof from Google Maps and could tell I didn't have enough room for solar hot water. I really appreciated the response and the professionalism. If I ever need service I will definitely contact Solar Living for ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have an existing solar system that is 13 years old and was wondering if I should get new panels. I also was wondering if I may be able to install solar hot water.

05/05/2016

CATEGORY solar panels

Thank you for taking time to post feedback on your experience with Solar Living. Please share our info with family and friends and follow us on Facebook ( /SolarLivingInc ) to see what we're up to.

05/03/2016

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/03/2016

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your experience with us. We are happy to answer your questions and offer suggestions that are appropriate for your home. Since you selected high performing panels originally, you should enjoy what they can generate for years to come. Keep us in mind if anything needs service. Best regards.

04/04/2016

They came out and gave great detail why their prices were better which also included their service. When we do go solar I will be using them. They were very knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Came out to do an estimate

CATEGORY solar panels

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your experience with our solar evaluation and estimate for your home. We look forward to being your contractor when you decide to proceed with converting your roof into a power generating, energy saving and money making roof for you and any family and friends considering the same. Best regards.

12/16/2015

The hot water heater that is attached to the circulator was leaking water and needed to be replaced. I felt Solar Living did a good job. They were able to get the new tank and install it in a timely fashion at a reasonable price. We had a minor glitch that caused us to reschedule, but it was an issue with an employee's spouse being sick, so I don't hold it against the company. The guys were very n...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced solar hot water heater

CATEGORY plumbing,water heater repair,solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/15/2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on our recent service of your solar water heating system. It is always our goal to provide the best components at a fair price and install it in a thoroughly professional manner. We apologize for any inconvenience rescheduling your appointment caused and appreciate your understanding for tending to family. We look forward to continuing to meet yo...

Proud winner of the 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award!! INSTALLATION OF Every degree is free(R) SOLAR POOL HEATING, Better than free(tm) SOLAR ELECTRIC, SOLAR DOMESTIC HOT WATER HEATING SYSTEMS. SERVICE & REPAIR OF MOST BRANDS OF EXISTING SYSTEMS. Reducing use of electricity, natural gas, propane and oil.

Propane or oil delivery