Solar Living, Inc

Awards & Badges

Award 2018

P.O. BOX 1174

Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

Providing Better than free solar(tm) electric solutions and Every degree is free(R) pool/water heating solutions. USA manufactured materials focused. 40+ years of continuous operations serving NJ and northeastern PA. Licensed and insured....

Solar Panels (58)Pool and Spa Service (20)Water Heaters (7)Electrical (5)Pool Sales Construction and Installation (4)Plumbing (2)

06/15/2017

Contacted the company through their "Contact Us" form after hours on a Tuesday night. The owner, Ethan Horvitz, personally called me on Wednesday morning and was able to visit my house that afternoon to repair a major leak in my solar panel array. Very friendly and knowledgeable, he educated me about my system and presented me with multiple different options for how to fix/improve my system. He co...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a leak in the solar panel array for my pool heater.

CATEGORY water heater repair, solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/14/2017

Thank you for taking some time to leave us some feedback. It was my pleasure to help and I look forward to helping you enjoy many more years of warm pool temperatures and long summers.

06/11/2017

I highly recom them for solar energy

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Solar Living did my initial pool solar installation 2 years ago on our new home in pt pleasant. Both Mike & Ethan are pleasant, professional, efficient. If they say they will be at your home at a certain time, they are on time. We recently had problems with our pool company and Ethan came out and went "beyond the call of duty" and solved our pool pump issues. Their fees are fair and I highly recom them.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/08/2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our solar pool heating system design, installation and service. It is always our goal to achieve this experience for our solar family.

06/02/2017

Very well. The original installer 30+ years ago retired. I researched and decided to call Solar Living in 2014 to replace the roof panels. He did such a great job that we did not hesitate to call Solar Living again for this problem. Although the price may seem high, the parts were the majority of the expense not the labor.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace an old heating control box and converter activator valve that was originally installed 30+ years ago.

CATEGORY electrician, pool cleaners, solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/31/2017

Thank you so much for taking some of your valuable time to leave us some feedback. As always, it was our pleasure to service your solar pool heating system. Please do not hesitate to call us for any needs in the future.

05/31/2017

I had Mike and Ethan install pool heating a few years ago. They did a great job, explained everything well and in general made me very comfortable. Lat year one of the valves broke (as it turns out due to a part defect). When I called for help I got it very quickly and everything was fixed under warranty. This year when I just reached out with some questions about the set up I got answers in 30 mi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation and maintenance of solar pool heat

CATEGORY pool cleaners, solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2017

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences with our solar pool heating system installation and service. We try to respond promptly to all questions. Working on a YouTube channel with helpful videos to address some of the most frequent questions during season startup. Happy swimming

05/18/2017

Working with the folks at Solar Living was a pleasure from beginning to end. They were very patient and thorough in explaining the benefits of the system and the procedure that would follow thereafter. They were involved in the process and handled all aspects of the project from applying for permits, installation, state certification, photovoltaic system asset registration etc...They intervened wh...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had solar panels installed on our roof

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/17/2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your experience with our better than free solar Electric System design and installation. Happy to be of assistance and have you join our solar family celebrating 40 years.

05/02/2017

It went extremely well. The leak was fixed and the cost was minimal Thanks for the great service. We highly recommend this company

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We installed a pool solar heating system more than 10 years ago and we have been so happy and satisfied with the system. We sprung a small leak and Solar Living was here the next day to make the repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/02/2017

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to leave us some feedback. We are happy to hear that the solar pool heater has been working so well for you. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you in the future. Thank you, Ethan

02/15/2017

Solar Living installed solar panels for my above ground pool in 2014 with such a short season to use the pool these panels extended the season from 3 months to 5 months.  I can now open my pool in May with a water temperature of 56 degrees and be swimming in it 2 days later (I do not swim in cold water) that is how fast these panels work..   We recently heard a banging on the roof during high wind...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Solar Panels installed for above ground pool on the roof.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/15/2017

Thank for taking time to write such a glowing review of your experience with our solar pool heating system design where Every degree is free(R). Glad to hear you can enjoy your pool longer in more comfortable temps. Celebrating 40 years serving the NJ solar community, we're happy to be able to help.

06/02/2016

Solar Living installed a solar panel pool heating system this May in a previously unheated pool that was too cold to enjoy even in the height of summer. The pool opened at 56 degrees, the panels were installed and ten days later the water was 86! Solar living came out to our house and suggested putting the panels on a custom-built rack to the back of the pool in a unused sloping part of the yard. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed new solar panel heating system

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our solar pool heating system design and installation. We are always thrilled to hear how our customers get to enjoy using their pool more often thanks to the free degrees captured by our solar pool heating system solutions. We wish you many years of continued enjoyment. Happy swimming.

05/24/2016

Everything was better than could be expected

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Solar Living installed solar heat panels for my pool about 20 years ago.  They have a service fee of $80.00 er year that covers all labor and a 25% discount on parts.  When I opened the pool this spring, we noticed that the valve was leaking.  I called for service and the tech was there the next day.  He did a temporary repair and also repaired some cracks in the solar panels on the roof.  Just came back today to replace the part..  When I asked for the bill I was told that the part was given to them and there would be no charge.  Can't ask for better service than that.

CATEGORY water heater repair, solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our recent solar pool heating system warranty service. It has been our pleasure having you as a solar pool heating system customer for all of these years and look forward to many more ahead.

05/19/2016

Solar Living installed my solar hot water solar system 4 years ago.   They installed it in 2 days and it has worked perfectly ever since.   I recently noticed a very small amount of water that appeared to be coming from one of the pipes that feed into my solar tank.  I called Solar Living and they were able to send someone to my home very quickly.  The agent from Solar Living arrived punctually an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Checked my solar system to see if there was a leak

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with our solar domestic water heating system design, installation and service. Our goal is to achieve this type of experience with everything we do, including solar pool heating and solar electric systems. It's been our pleasure to assist you and others like you for over 38 years.

Proud winner of the 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award!! INSTALLATION OF Every degree is free(R) SOLAR POOL HEATING, Better than free(tm) SOLAR ELECTRIC, SOLAR DOMESTIC HOT WATER HEATING SYSTEMS. SERVICE & REPAIR OF MOST BRANDS OF EXISTING SYSTEMS. Reducing use of electricity, natural gas, propane and oil.

Propane or oil delivery