Solar Living, Inc

A 64 Reviews

Founded 1977 • Angie's List since June 2007

P.O. BOX 1174

Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

Providing Better than free solar(tm) electric solutions and Every degree is free(R) pool/water heating solutions. USA manufactured materials focused. 40+ years of continuous operations serving NJ and northeastern PA. Licensed and insured....

solar panel installation (61)pool and spa cleaning (22)water heater repair and installation (10)electrical (9)plumbing (2)

06/01/2018

job well done. prompt and efficient

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove, renovate replace solar pool panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2018

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your experience with our solar pool heating system service.

05/02/2018

I would recommend them very strongly,They gave assessments and provided informations rgarding the cost and how it will generate.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They provided a whole house solar panel, put in switches. did inspections and calculations.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2016

Thank you for taking time to post feedback on your experience with our Better than free solar(tm) electric system design and consultation. Our goal for every job is to earn your referral. Happy to have you as part of our solar family.

05/02/2018

They honor their commitment, they are amazing and very professional

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They added more pannels and monitor everything.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/02/2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with our Better than free solar(tm) electric solution.

07/08/2017

It went perfectly. We scheduled the installation in the fall of the panels and piping. In the spring when the pool was up and running they completed the electrical portion and tested the system. They explained how to use the system and clearly identified all the parts for me. I found this company wonderful to work with and easy to get in touch with. I know if there are any issues (which there are ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed a solar heating system for our in-ground pool.

CATEGORY electrician,solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2017

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on yoir experience with our solar pool heating design and installation. We strive to achieve this with all of our "Every degree is free(tm)" solar pool heating systems and our "Better than free solar" electric systems. We will forward to a long solar relationship.

06/16/2017

We live in Millburn and has used this company over a decade. The new owners are professional, extremely knowlegable, informative, trustworthy and reliable. We have no hesitation recommending this company and start contributing to make global warming less of an issue!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacing an expansion tank (small - not the main one) which lasted 13 years. Tech guy did comprehensive testing and tightened up valves etc. Explained how everything worked and troubleshooted areas in need of repair. Good balance between fixing as required without having lots of extra costs. Given the time he took, the invoice amount was very reasonable and fair. You can definitely trust what they do and say! Highly recommended to give this company a chance to discuss solutions and give a quote.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/16/2017

Thank you for the kind words. It is always our pleasure to help a customer in need. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future service requirements.

06/15/2017

Contacted the company through their "Contact Us" form after hours on a Tuesday night. The owner, Ethan Horvitz, personally called me on Wednesday morning and was able to visit my house that afternoon to repair a major leak in my solar panel array. Very friendly and knowledgeable, he educated me about my system and presented me with multiple different options for how to fix/improve my system. He co...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a leak in the solar panel array for my pool heater.

CATEGORY water heater repair,solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/14/2017

Thank you for taking some time to leave us some feedback. It was my pleasure to help and I look forward to helping you enjoy many more years of warm pool temperatures and long summers.

06/11/2017

I highly recom them for solar energy

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Solar Living did my initial pool solar installation 2 years ago on our new home in pt pleasant. Both Mike & Ethan are pleasant, professional, efficient. If they say they will be at your home at a certain time, they are on time. We recently had problems with our pool company and Ethan came out and went "beyond the call of duty" and solved our pool pump issues. Their fees are fair and I highly recom them.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/08/2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our solar pool heating system design, installation and service. It is always our goal to achieve this experience for our solar family.

06/02/2017

Very well. The original installer 30+ years ago retired. I researched and decided to call Solar Living in 2014 to replace the roof panels. He did such a great job that we did not hesitate to call Solar Living again for this problem. Although the price may seem high, the parts were the majority of the expense not the labor.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace an old heating control box and converter activator valve that was originally installed 30+ years ago.

CATEGORY electrician,pool cleaners,solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/31/2017

Thank you so much for taking some of your valuable time to leave us some feedback. As always, it was our pleasure to service your solar pool heating system. Please do not hesitate to call us for any needs in the future.

05/31/2017

I had Mike and Ethan install pool heating a few years ago. They did a great job, explained everything well and in general made me very comfortable. Lat year one of the valves broke (as it turns out due to a part defect). When I called for help I got it very quickly and everything was fixed under warranty. This year when I just reached out with some questions about the set up I got answers in 30 mi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation and maintenance of solar pool heat

CATEGORY pool cleaners,solar panels

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2017

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences with our solar pool heating system installation and service. We try to respond promptly to all questions. Working on a YouTube channel with helpful videos to address some of the most frequent questions during season startup. Happy swimming

05/18/2017

Working with the folks at Solar Living was a pleasure from beginning to end. They were very patient and thorough in explaining the benefits of the system and the procedure that would follow thereafter. They were involved in the process and handled all aspects of the project from applying for permits, installation, state certification, photovoltaic system asset registration etc...They intervened wh...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had solar panels installed on our roof

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/17/2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your experience with our better than free solar Electric System design and installation. Happy to be of assistance and have you join our solar family celebrating 40 years.

Proud winner of the 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award!! INSTALLATION OF Every degree is free(R) SOLAR POOL HEATING, Better than free(tm) SOLAR ELECTRIC, SOLAR DOMESTIC HOT WATER HEATING SYSTEMS. SERVICE & REPAIR OF MOST BRANDS OF EXISTING SYSTEMS. Reducing use of electricity, natural gas, propane and oil.

Propane or oil delivery