Affordable Home Services

A71 REVIEWS

Founded 1947 • Angie's List since June 2010

140 Arlington Ave

Clifton, NJ, 07011

Affordable Home Services is a family owned and operated company for three generations specializing in roofing, siding and windows replacements, kitchens, bathrooms and additions. We accept all major credit cards....

Windows (41)Roofing (26)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (17)Siding (15)General Remodeling (13)Gutters (9)Drywall (6)Interior Painting (5)Electrical (4)Doors (4)Plumbing (4)Chimney Repair (3)

10/29/2013

Jim the owner has been responsive from start until finish. Their estimate was middle of the road when it came to a price. What really impressed me was their professionalism and responsiveness. Jim is also a very warm person - that definitely came across over the phone. Also, I liked the fact that it's a family business - one of his sons did the estimate. The windows came in 2 weeks after placing t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They replaced almost 10-12 windows in my house (almost all of them). They also created a bay window.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2013

10/14/2013

However, I,m working with another provider.  The other provider is certified with the manufacturer and this, I understand, has an affect on the length of the warrantee.  Affordable Home Services did not specify that they are certified.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
gave an estimate of $6,900.00 for a new roof.

CATEGORY roofing, replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/05/2013

07/02/2013

Everything was fine. They're pretty much punctual, they come out and did what they said they would do so that's about everything.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Affordable Home Services gave me an estimate. No work was performed, they just looked at the aluminum siding in the roof.

CATEGORY roofing, siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2013

05/24/2013

Affordable Home Services were pretty good. I liked them and they were good. The guy was very knowledgeable. He came out, met with me and the only reason we didn't go with them was because of the price, he was over the budget for what we wanted.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave me a quote for the repair that we need in the kitchen & bathroom.

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2013

05/22/2013

We've had to call them back a few times because the roof was still leaking. It started leaking on the inside around the window. They come back when you call them, but they haven't gotten it fixed yet. It is hard to know until it rains. The owner came out the next day and took a look. They stand behind what they do so they have come back to fix the problems that we've seen. We didn't get many other...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I last used Affordable Home Services in February for work on the roof.

CATEGORY roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/14/2013

04/25/2013

They installed some windows for me. I thought I had an issue with the instillation. They came back to check on the problem and found out it was not from the window instillation. It nice that they came back to check on the issue promptly several times.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed windows.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/10/2012

12/20/2012

This is a family run business.  I would be comfortable having them in my home for the duration of a long construction or remodeling project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They provided an estimate for damages to our house ($35,000).  I was impressed as they provided a written estimate on the spot for no charge. They were knowledgeable and I felt that they had the necessary skills and experience needed for a complicated repair job to the structure of our home.  I liked the approach they took and  their prices were on target with other bids.  I also got immediate responses to all additional questions I asked.  After I received the estimate, I had multiple people suggest that I use Affordable Home Services as they had been very happy with the result of work they had done.  Several people told me that if their price was higher it was due to the quality of the workmanship.   I submitted their bid to our insurance company; however, the insurance company wanted additional details and a complicated materials breakdown.  I felt the insurance company was unreasonable.  However, to simplify the claim process I selected a different contractor.

CATEGORY remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2012

11/09/2012

They do all kinds of work for the house inside and out. They are a company of trustworthy and easy going. They are willing to make exceptions for you. I would highly recommend them and it's a company you would not be sorry that you called.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They reattached my gutters and clean them out. I had them install a gutter guard so the branches from my trees would not get in them again. They also replaced flashing pieces for me.

CATEGORY gutter cleaning, gutter repair, chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/06/2012

06/14/2012

They did a fantastic job, it was a smooth process and I cant compliment them enough. I would definitely recommend them to others!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He replaced siding, the roof, shutters, and windows at my house.

CATEGORY roofing, siding, replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/16/2012

03/22/2012

I called, set up appt and he arrived with samples a couple of days later according to MY convenience.  Took the measurements, showed me a choice of windows.  He ordered the window and when it arrived it was installed and the workers left the area clean. It was only one window, but it was a positive experience all around.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a new frosted energy efficient bathroom window. Prompt, professional very friendly and courteous.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2012