Bergan Mercy Medical Bldg

Angie's List since April 2012

C Rated | 5 Reviews

06/10/2014

Overall, this was an absolute horrible experience!!! I had my daughter at Bergan Mercy 3 years prior to my son's birth and due to the horrible experience then, (nurses DID NOT get my daughter's foot prints) I did not want to deliver at Bergan but since it was close to our home we decided to give it a try - and once again one of the worse mistakes!  The nurses in the morning where amazing, really m...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Birth and Spinal Headache!

05/23/2014

Expected services were not provided.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a stroke and was taken to the Bergan Mercy emergency room.  I was discharged without a diagnosis or treament plan.  Due to continued headaches which start to occur wih vomitin I admitted myself to Nebraska Medical Center through the Emergency Room.  The med center diagnosed the cause and started a treatment plan which is working.  Given it required a biopsy of my brain to obtain the diagnosis but the med center was willing to provide the options required to get to a diagnosis and provided leadership on the case which was not accomplished at Bergan. Basically many doctors were looking at my case but no one was leading to be sure the ultimate objective of returning to good health was achieved.  I sent Bergan a letter in Feb to which I have had the same discussion with a couple of different staff at Bergan but no reply has been provided.

09/16/2013

I went to the Bergan Medical Center because I thought I was having heart problems. I had an electrocardiogram and a stress test and thankfully everything was fine. They were very comforting and informative during the whole procedure.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Went to have cardiology tests run as recommended by my regular physician.

C

06/10/2012

I was unhappy with the poor quality of nursing care I received after my surgery. After spinal surgery, obviously I could not move by myself and was dependent on the nursing staff to assist me with basic tasks like toiketing and changing positions, etc. The nurses and aides were not very responsive to my needs. At times I would have to wait 45 minutes to get help going to the restroom. I was not ha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had spinal fusion surgery at Alegent Bergan Mercy Hospital on March 15, 2012. The surgery was successful and the Surgeon, Anestesiologist and surgery related personnel were all great. The nursing care I received post surgery was sub par. The nurses in general were lackadaisical, not knowledgeable, slow to respond, and in general INCOMPETENT! The nurses aides were also very poor. The Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists were excellent! However, I was very disappointed in the quality of care I received from the nursing staff!

05/21/2012

The rooms were set-up in such a way that it felt like a hotel; it was relaxing. They prepared us beforehand for things that were about to follow. The staff was friendly and above my expectations. They made sure my wife got everything she needed. Their bedside manner was very good. They went above and beyond with their service. They were a bit stringent with the rules though.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used Bergan Mercy Medical Center for the birth of our child.

CATEGORY hospitals

General hospital including cancer center, chest pain center, diagnostic center, heart & vascular institute, maternity center, orthopedic institute, primary stroke center & women's health.