Innovative Basement Authority

B 66 Reviews

Founded 2005 • Angie's List since December 2009

1330 41st St N

Fargo, ND 58102

Since 2005, Innovative Basement Authority has been a trusted and leading foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation and concrete lifting experts. Innovative Basement Authority is a Groundworks company, and together we are focused on delivering solutions our customers can trust. Groundworks is the nation’s largest privately held foundation services company. Headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA, the company provides foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair and encapsulation and concrete lifting....

basement waterproofing (56)foundation repair (15)mudjacking (3)drain pipe installation (2)well and water pump (2)basement remodeling (7)plumbing (7)concrete repair (4)tile installation (2)

10/14/2020

They did a very thorough job and excellent clean up. I was very pleased with results

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement Waterproofing

CATEGORY basement waterproofing,drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2020

Hi! Thank you for providing this stellar review. We're glad we were able to meet your expectations. - Innovative Basement Authority

03/03/2020

Wonderful. So far no water. First time in 20 years when I am not standing in water putting clothes in dryer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/03/2020

Hi! Thank you for this awesome review. We appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience with us. We'll be sure to share this with us. - Innovative Basement Authority

03/03/2020

Crew was on time. Work was done diligently and in a timely manner. Workers were very polite. Cleanup was quite immaculate for the type of work performed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement Waterproofing

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/07/2020

Awesome! We're glad our team was able to show you a stellar experience and we appreciate your kind words. - Innovative Basement Authority

03/03/2020

We were amazed at how efficient, timely, and thorough the crew was from initial estimate visit to actual work completion. They were very willing to answer the questions we had and explain how the new inside drain tile system would function as well as radon mitigation. We experienced a horrific fall with 14 inches of rain that the existing system could not handle resulting in complete disruption of...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/03/2020

Hello! Thank you for taking time to submit a review about your experience with our company. We appreciate your thoughtful, detailed account of how we were able to deliver great results. We take tremendous care to provide the highest level of service possible during every project—and it’s awesome to be recognized for our efforts. - Innovative Basement Authority

03/03/2020

Very well. Impressed by the work that was done. Professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/06/2020

Hi! Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review. We're glad we were able to help you have a safer, healthier home. - Innovative Basement Authority

08/26/2019

Excellent work which received compliments from another contractor who described the work as the best they had seen. I recommend highly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Crawlspace Encapsulation

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2019

D

08/21/2019

UPDATE as of Sept. 12: I had another vendor out to install a sewer liner (unrelated to this issue) and they had to work near the sun room. They noticed that parts of my sun room foundation were loose. They could see a fair amount of the foundation due to the aforementioned mudslide/erosion, and suggested to me that the foundation work had not been done properly because there was no footing underne...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Support piers installed for sinking Sun Room. It is still an ongoing nightmare - unfortunately, I went with IBS because they seemed to have a good solution to my sinking sun room, and the price was much better than having a whole new foundation built. The work was scheduled and the day before the start date, delayed and day, and then again, until the next week. That was a problem for me, as I work with clients in my home, so it meant I had to cancel more clients the following week, plus it impacted my Airbnb bookings. They knew up front that it would be an issue for me, but that seemed to be of little concern to them. The project was supposed to be 2-2.5 days long. It took them less than 10 hours to do the work, which was great. I felt a reduction in the overall bill was in order. They have not responded to that request. 3 weeks after the work was done, it became apparent that my sewer line had been pierced by the installed support piers. It had completely filled up with dirt and backed up into my utility sink in the basement. The company was initially non-responsive to me, but after I got their attention, they agreed to come down and look at what was happening. They immediately admitted that it was due to their work. They agreed to pay for the repair. They left it to me to find and coordinate the sewer cleaning company, and a plumber, as well as update their resources to get everyone working together. It was a huge amount of work on my end. I had to cancel all my clients for the week due to dealing with all this, and not having a working bathroom. Sewer got repaired, I spent hours cleaning up the basement and yard which were trashed from the ordeal. And let's not forget peeing in a bucket for 4 days. We then proceeded to discuss how I was going to be made whole for the event. We have not concluded that discussion yet. On Friday, Aug 16 I asked them to put their best offer on the table, and they have not responded. I came home on Sunday night the 18th, to find my basement filled with mud and water from the weekend rains. We are all pretty sure this is because when they had to excavate to do the sewer line repair, it loosened the compacted dirt at my foundation\sewer line, and now it is all flowing into my house. I guess back in the day, when my sewer line was installed, they just used packed dirt to seal around the sewer. The company is supposedly coming tomorrow to repair that area. The sales person has been hostile to me via email when I sent him an estimate for cleaning the basement he said they would not be paying for the clean up, and this is all because of this gap between my sewer line and the foundation. My response was that it has been this way for 70 something years. My basement has been water and dirt free for the 20 years I've lived there and that if they hadn't pierced my sewer line, this would not be happening. This damage is directly due to the piercing of the sewer line. I have no confidence that IBS will do the right thing by paying for the damage to my basement due to this incident. In addition to all this, I applied for a matching grant on this work for $3000 towards the repair. It requires that I get a lien release from them, which they are now stating that they will not give me, even though they have been paid in full. The matching grant has requirements for paperwork to be submitted, and if I don't get the lien release with the near term, I will lose out on the $3000 matching grant. I hope this doesn't end up in court, but it sure is looking that way.

CATEGORY foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/21/2019

Innovative Basement Systems maintains communication with our customers, as our goal is to achieve high satisfaction with our state-of-the-art products & high quality services. We work to resolve concerns and provide customized solutions for each home that serves in the best interest of the home and its owners.

01/03/2018

They did a wonderful job! It stopped the mice and spiders from getting in. It is not wet like it was and I am able to store items in the basement again. It also stopped the mildew smell and has made a huge difference in my heating bill as well. I save $100 to $200 a month from this and I would highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They fixed my basement walls with foam and plastic around the foundation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/03/2015

07/24/2017

We had several things we wanted them to look at, one our driveway had cracks in it and it was sinking. He looked at that, and he looked at how secure one of our walls were because this is an old lake place. He looked the whole thing, the perimeter over and everything. He did a really good job. He made an appointment with us which was yesterday. He wasn't the easiest to make arrangements with; it s...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave an estimate to life my driveway and to secure our walls.

CATEGORY mudjacking,foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/22/2017

04/13/2017

The teams were knowledgeable and did great work, which is the most important thing. I need to reinfirce that... and the price for the work done with the warranty was great. My frustration was that we signed a contract for specific methods to be used for our basement foundation correction and bracing, and then when the crews came to work the foreman decided he wanted to do something different than ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bracing 2 basement foundation walls

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/13/2017

Basement Waterproofing - Concrete Leveling, Lifting & Repair - Crawl Space Encapsulation - Foundation Repair

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available