Mr Smokestack Chimney Service

A 381 Reviews

Founded 2008 • Angie's List since November 2008

5201 Fayetteville Rd

Raleigh, NC 27603

Mr. Smokestack Chimney Service is a 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Super Service Award Winner. Hi, my name is Robbie Markey, owner and operator of Mr Smokestack Chimney Service. Mr Smokestack Chimney Service is a CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) certified company. We maintain an A+ with the BBB and we are extremely proud to state, we maintain a 5 STAR RATING on ALL online presence. We serve Raleigh and surrounding areas. Give us a call, you won't be sorry :-)......

chimney sweeping (322)chimney repair (147)fireplace repair (85)chimney cap repair (78)gas fireplace repair (27)masonry (21)roofing (11)dryer vent cleaning (7)animal removal (5)

03/23/2020

Excellent!!! Stephen cleaned the gas logs, the gas pilot light, and returned the unit to proper operations. Well done!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair gas fireplace that was not operating

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/23/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We greatly appreciate the kind words for our technician and are glad we could return your unit to working order. Thanks again and we look forward to servicing your fireplace for general maintenance in the future.

02/08/2020

Great! He had weather cancellations and was able to come earlier. That was very helpful for my schedule! He was prompt, explained everything, was polite, friendly and informative. Scheduling a week earlier than the first business I called and significantly cheaper! Great business. I would definitely refer my friends to them. Thank you, Craig!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Natural Gas Fireplace Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/07/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We greatly appreciate that and are happy to have been able to get you in for an earlier service appointment!

01/01/2020

I was very pleased with the service and also cleaned the glass of the fireplace. Would definitely recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cleaned gas lines and readjusted log. Performed a series of testS and made recommendations for parts replacement in approximately 2 years.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/24/2019

12/04/2019

I am highly impressed with Mr. Smokestack Chimney's Service. They replied immediately to my correspondence, explained the process, scheduled an appointment, and contacted me when an earlier appointment became available. Each employee greeted me by Ms. W and always addressed me as "Ma'am." Steven, technician, arrived at the earlier part of my timeframe, politely greeted me, diagnosed the problems w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gas Fireplace needed to be cleaned and repaired

CATEGORY fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/04/2019

Hi Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in regards to our service and our technicians, we greatly appreciate that! We also appreciate your patience and willingness to wait for an appointment, as this is our busiest time of year and happy we were able to move you forward! We look forward to servicing your future fireplace and chimney needs! Happy...

11/28/2019

Mr Smokestack Chimney Service never contacted me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair gas logs

CATEGORY chimney sweep,gas logs

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/27/2019

Hello [Member Name Removed], Unfortunately, we were not in receipt of your request through Angie's List, however we do apologize, we would be more than happy to help you with servicing your gas logs. Kindly, Mr Smokestack Chimney Service

10/10/2019

No one ever responded to my inquiry

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed routine gas logs cleaning and maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/10/2019

10/03/2019

They arrived on time, were very courteous, did a thorough check of the entire system and cleaned everything. They put down a tarp in front of the fireplace to protect my floors and then vacuumed around it when they were done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My gas logs needed servicing and a good cleaning.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/23/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, we greatly appreciate that! Cheers! Mr Smokestack Chimney Service

09/10/2019

They were great! They even removed our old, outdated fireplace screen and carted it away. The cost for the cleaning was very reasonable. They provided a quote for additional repairs and services that seemed a bit high so we are still deciding if we want to get all the other work done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
chimney cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/09/2019

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share your experience with us! Cheers, Mr Smokestack Chimney Service

06/24/2019

The technicians did a great job repairing the stucco and upgraded the chimney structure. They also installed a gas-log insert that looks great. They were good at responding for my request for a quotation for the repair. That was better than the other chimney repair companies did. It took awhile to get on their schedule, but it was worth the wait.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The chimney needed repair.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,gas logs

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2019

12/20/2018

It just worked for one day , we gave him calls but he never came back to fix it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The pilot not working

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/20/2018

Good morning Mr. [Member Name Removed]. I most definitely understand your frustrations regarding utilizing a service company thats unresponsive sir, but unfortunately, in this case i believe you have the wrong service company. Upon looking your information up in our system/s Mr. [Member Name Removed], we were unable to find you in our Quickbooks, Calendar, Worksheets, Phone Logs, etc... Again, i c...

2013 through 2018 Super Service Award Winner :-) Wood/Gas Chimney/Fireplace Inspections and Sweep/Cleaning, Chimney Repairs, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Cap Installations, Outdoor Fireplace Installations along with Indoor Fireplace Installations. We also specialize in re-facing/re-surfacing fireplaces along with application of all types of stone on the exterior of chimney structures. Mr Smokestack Chimney Service also takes pride in being a Regency and Buck Stove Wood-burning insert dealership.

Please Inquire