Carolina Decorative Concrete

Founded 1991 • Angie's List since April 2013

12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

214 Patriot Ct

Kernersville, NC 27284

Over 25 years of experience in residential and commercial work....

concrete repair (37)stamped concrete (28)concrete driveway installation (8)deck building (4)

05/16/2020

After firing the original contractor for non performance I retained Lou Sullivan of Carolina Decorative Concrete to clean up the mess left behind and install a new patio pretty much from scratch. Lou is personable, easy to work with, and immediately took charge of the project, indicating where the first contractor was going to make serious technical errors if we had followed the original plan. Lou...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tear out old concrete patio, clean up a mess left by a terminated contractor, and replace with a new decorative concrete patio.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/26/2019

05/07/2020

I requested a quote from this company twice, once on 3/10/20 and once on 3/19/20. I also tried to call them. It is now May, and no one has ever contacted me from this company. At this point, they need not bother. If they don't even have time to send an email or return a phone call, I can only imagine what it would be like to work with them. I don't understand why they would bother to advertise on ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed my front porch and steps rebuilt and wanted to get stained concrete.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/19/2020

02/13/2020

The work was fantastic, they called and set up the time, they were prompt and they worked very well, very swift and they just did an excellent job, sealed and completed the work the next day, Mr. Lou Sullivan also did some works on the yard and he was just great and fantastic, very professional on the job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They put stamped patio and a stamped sidewalk around the house

CATEGORY stamped concrete

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/17/2020

02/05/2020

DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY! I hired this company to do a stamped patio, walkway, pour a concrete pad for a dog kennel and resolve a water issue. The water issue is during heavy rain water will run into my basement garage area and the building where my dog kennels will be. We wrote the contract and I paid half the money upfront $4500. After the job was completed I paid the other $4500, but there were...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stamped Patio, walkway, concrete pad for dog kennels, fix water flooding issues, concrete parking spot

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/05/2020

I came out and advised that the ground coming from the garage door needed to be removed so that the water would fall away from the house but in doing so it would make the driveway to steep and render it unusable . you didnt want that . I installed a curb and gutter system with a 6 inch gravel base to slow the water down . That worked until we got a major rain storm. The water actually didnt go ove...

08/24/2018

Amazing customer service! Owner even took the time to travel to a local restaurant to see the floor that I wanted to have replicated in my home. Did an incredibly messy job with minimal disruption to the rest of my fixer-upper.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
remove carpet, sand & decorative stain indoor concrete floor

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/24/2018

06/20/2018

Excellent! Great price, great work. I love the result. Highly recommend Louis. Awesome guy to work with. He went above and beyond!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Deck removal and patio installed

CATEGORY concrete repair, decks

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/20/2018

Photo for Carolina Decorative Concrete - 214 Patriot Ct, Kernersville, NC - 37171838

06/13/2018

Lou Sullivan was an absolute pleasure to work with. He showed up on time to do the estimate, walked me through the stamping/colorization process, and gathered required info from me to help him ascertain how to achieve the finished look I desired (including layout, colors, and expansion joint locations). Once done he provided me with an estimate as well as his availability. At no point did I feel p...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stamped and colorized concrete patio pour (55'x14')

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/09/2017

Photo for Carolina Decorative Concrete - 214 Patriot Ct, Kernersville, NC - 37835112

Thanks [Member Name Removed] I truly appreciate the review . we truly do our best to have happy customers !!! Happy that you are happy !!!

05/29/2018

They were very responsive and able to scedule quickly. They completed the work quickly and it looks almost new.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace a section of the pool deck, then power wash and repaint pool deck and patio

CATEGORY concrete repair, decks

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/22/2018

05/23/2017

Great! Work was started on time and promptly completed. Crew was professional and very courteous. Lou kept me informed as the work progressed and quickly & courteously addressed my questions. Lou's experience quickly revealed itself in his knowledge of what would and would not work in my remodel job. The work done has increased my family's enjoyment of our outdoor areas immensely. Thanks, Lou & Br...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Poured stamped concrete patio and acid stained carport floor.

CATEGORY concrete repair, decks, concrete driveway, stamped concrete

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/02/2017

05/11/2017

Lou and his guys did an excellent job removing our old patio and installing a beautiful new stamped and stained patio. They also refaced our stamped and stained front porch and sidewalk. Weather was a factor, but Lou was great about considering our lawn while completing the job in a timely manner. I highly recommend Lou and would definitely hire him and his crew again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stamped and Stained Patio

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/11/2017

Stamped concrete. Acid stain. Broom and slick finish. I do everything from patios to parking lots.

I do not do footings.