Main Line Automotive

Angie's List since September 2011

Cox Auto Service

42  REVIEWS
Cox Auto Service

We are a family owned independent auto repair business. We are service foreign and domestic vehicles and offer repair services on all makes & models as well as classic & collectible vehicles. We have been in business for over 40 years in the same location.

07/29/2016

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brakes- the owner/operator, I'm assuming, is super friendly and professional. He took the time to explain to me what and why the problem ( hot spot on my break pad). Going back today for an oil change

09/16/2013

Thought I needed a transmission job , was the speedometer cable and something to do. With lubricant I. Rear end

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My ford F150 was bucking ,1996 model year , so I guess the transmission was the culprit, expecting to pay bug bucks to Repair I asked them to look at it, turns out it was something to do with. Rear end lubricant , they worked on. It changed some flies Also the speedometer was not working , all in all the bill was like 70 bucks then they had me bring it back in a week for Further adjusting with no charge , have referred friend there and they were very happy with the work and the Price

01/19/2012

An excellent, honest mechanic --  prompt, professional and reasonable !

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My Honda was running very loud and rough and I was prepared to hear that I needed major and expensive work done.  It tuned out I just needed an adjustment to the timing belt and a new exhaust pipe - the charge was around $50.  TJ at Mainline also said that the vibration I was feeling from the front end was from bad brakes and to consider getting that job done at some point -- which I had them do right then, because their estimate was reasonable, which is why it cost $192 in the end. I went back a couple of weeks later with another car ('95 Volvo) with a gas door that wouldn't unlock, which they fixed and showed me how to fix (the day after Christmas) for free.

09/29/2011

We pulled in and the guy did some stuff and fixed it.  He also put in some part.  He didn't charge us, he said he'd get us next time.  We tell everyone about him.  We went back for a headlight - the dealership told us we'd need a new headlight and he said all we need is a new bulb.  Needless to say, we won't be going anywhere else.  He's definitely a mechanic, doesn't rely on computers and stuff.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Main Line Automotive fixed our passenger window that wouldn't roll back up.