A Shade Better

Founded 1989 • Angie's List since July 2006

B Rated | 11 Reviews

A Shade Better is Greensboro's premiere window treatment dealer. Let our decades of experience work for you by beautifully transforming your home into a place you love. Our Hunter Douglas trained staff have the knowledge to get it done right the first time. We offer custom blinds, shades, shutters, and draperies. Estimates in the Greater Greensboro area are always FREE! Give us a call today to set up your no-obligation in-home consultation....

James Taylor Construction Inc

James Taylor Construction Inc. was formed by James Taylor in 1989 originally as James Taylor Roofing. For 25 years we have successfully served the Triangle and surrounding areas performing different projects from home repairs to custom building and commercial roofing. Led by James Taylor, JTC has performed well over 5000 small and large renovation projects with over 5000 satisfied customers. At the end of 2013 James Taylor Construction expanded to include the Triad area which is being led by Bryan Sepich who currently resides in Winston Salem. In 2014 JTC added Kevin Beddingfield as a partner to offer services in window treatments products including interior shutters and blinds. Kevin comes to JTC with over 20 years experience in window treatment production and installation. Today our focus is on quick and reliable renovations for existing homes and businesses. Most projects we perform today are completed within a week. We were recognized as a super service provider for Angie’s List customers for four consecutive years with one of their highest ratings in the roofing, siding, window, and gutter categories. We are proud of this achievement and have continued plans to operate at the highest levels for service and workmanship. We have worked hard to develop and maintain what we believe to be a stellar reputation for great customer service, good work, and highly competitive pricing. We look forward to serving you now and in the future. Additional email - jtc@jtcroofs.com. Additional contacts - Edward Woody, Bryan Sepich. Additional phone - (919) 602-1704, (336) 403-9608. Award winning.

04/11/2019

From the phone call to make an appointment for service to the installation of the shades, I am totally satisfied with this company. I needed shades for 11 windows, with remotes for 4 of the windows. Promise made and promise kept.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hunter Douglas Architella Duette Shades

05/19/2015

The ordering process was smooth.  The shades came in on the predicted timeline.  They called to schedule the install and actually showed up on time!  They were professional from start to finish.  Very satisfied and would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A Shade Better came out and measured/quoted for roller/sun/screen shades in my home.  The staff was very knowledgeable, never pushy, and made me feel comfortable.  They provided options that no one else could.

03/11/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gave estimate on shades/blinds in the living room. I liked the saleswoman b/c she was not at all pushy and gave good information. It was just waaay more expensive than I expected. Ended up ordering blinds for a fraction of the cost online, but, in fairness, the online blinds were awful and have already fallen apart.

06/11/2014

Owner of company came out to measure room and had all he equipment needed for the job, thorough and professional. Had the shades ordered and installer cam to put in and realized one of the shades was measured wrong. One window was inch to narrow, and had to be reordered. He installed the hardware so all we had to do was clip it up. No big deal and happy to do it. Looks great and works perfectly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had shades and blinds put in a home office. Love the look and function of the room

C

02/22/2012

The install was great as well as the initial meeting with the field sales rep. My issues were with the owner/manager and her lack of professionalism.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The sales rep that came to my home was professional and very nice. He did exactly what he said he would do and was always polite. The problem I had was when it came time for installation. I had a personal family emergency that came up and called to reschedule the install. I called the office first thing that morning and spoke with a very rude woman who was not at all accommodating. Let me also say that the plantation shutters had been ordered and paid for at the time. I had no intention of canceling my order. I just wanted to push back the install. This female went on to tell my how I was inconveniencing her because she would have to find something else for her installers to do that day. She then hung up on me, I called back and a very nice man answered the phone. I could tell he was uncomfortable with the call and soon found out why when I asked to speak with the manager/owner. The female I was speaking with was the manager and owner's daughter. So when I spoke with her again I told her how rude I thought she had been to me, the customer. Her reply? She didn't care nor did she apologize. She only defended her actions and told me she was the owner's daughter and that her company had been around for years so she was not overly concerned with my opinion of her or her business. WOW! In an economy that has been far from great I would think small business owner would care about their treatment of customers. Needless to say I will never go back to this place and I will have no problem telling anyone I know that this is the last place on earth they should spend their hard earned money.

CATEGORY window treatments

Please allow me to apologize for one of our previous staff members actions/words. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and we obviously did a poor job of accommodating your request to move your installation date. This is far from typical behavior and I assure it won't happen again. I will mail you a coupon for 25% off any purchase up to $2500. While this won't "right the wrong" I hope i...

Blinds, Shades, Shutters, and other Custom Window Treatments.

Exterior Shutters.