Parkwood Animal Hospital

Founded 1984 • Angie's List since May 2010

Our practice is very patient (and owner) oriented. We are a smaller practice that takes time to get to know you and your pet. We will treat them as our own pets, and consider their health to be a priority; not our client's wallet. Our staff has been consistent for many years, with almost no turnover (except those going on to college). We still offer high quality medicine despite a small size, and take pride in our care for pets. We don't try to push extra services on our clients, and we believe that honesty works better than trying to confuse folks with technobabble....

03/07/2015

Its location in a rundown shopping center may give you pause, but this a great veterinary practice. I've been bringing my cats here for almost 5 years and have consistently been happy with the care I've received, the friendliness and professional of the staff (front desk, vet techs, vet), and particularly the ease with which I'm able to make appointments. When I call to make an appointment, the st...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Annual checkup and 1-year rabies vaccine for one 11-year-old healthy cat. Blood work (thyroid panel) for one 12-year-old cat with hyperthyroidism.

01/09/2015

It was positive overall. The staff was perfect. They remember us and our dog. Everything they do shows us how much they care.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My dog had a medical emergency.

06/10/2014

They were very clean, professional, and good with the cats.  I brought the cats in for shots and checkups and Dr. Stech noticed some dental problems so they did two extractions as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Shots, exams, and dental work for two cats

09/12/2013

As usual it was a fantastic visit. The wait was short the staff were friendly and knew us by name and the care was high quality. I genuinely feel that they are invested in the health of my dogs, and want to make sure we understand what they are doing. They give us clear instructions and answer all of our questions. We plan to stay as long as we live close to Parkwood!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We took our littler dog in for an annual checkup and to have them look at his eye which recently was damaged.

08/26/2013

I really like this vet. It's a small practice, I'm used to a much larger one, but I really like that the vet takes so much time with each visit. All the nurses are very knowledgeable and spent a lot of time just petting my dog and my two cats and telling them how wonderful they were while getting their histories - it's not a "let's get down to business" kind of place. The vet is extremely knowledg...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Prescribed follow-up painkillers and anti-biotics for ear infection due to tumor.

CATEGORY veterinarian

Well-care, vaccines, surgery (neutering and general), nutritional counselling, behavior work-ups, dentistry, radiographs, internal medicine, prescription diets.

Orthopedic surgery, thoracic surgery.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover