Jerry Schuster Remodeling Designer & Consultant

Founded 1989 • Angie's List since July 2010

Focus: The service I provide breaks down into 3 distinct, if overlapping, categories – design, consulting, and construction. DESIGN Every project begins with a design, even if it’s no more than a scribble on a napkin. The real questions are how well thought out it is, and whether or not all elements can be sufficiently communicated to the parties involved. Using a state-of-the-art digital 3-D CAD program, I work through both of these issues using the experience garnered over the course of thousands of projects. The end result is a magnificent blend of art and science. Art, to infuse the project with creativity and visual appeal. Science, to insure that the space is well-made, fun, and efficient to use. Because the plan is rendered with any number of three-dimensional views, you will never have to guess at the outcome. Also, my philosophy is that the design never truly ends until the final element is in place. You and I will continually be looking for opportunities to make the project better. CONSULTING AND CONSTRUCTION Consulting is a new, but growing, type of service in the remodeling industry that has no generally recognized name. The term, “remodeling consulting” came from an article in the New York Times, but it describes a developing trend where established experts place themselves on the side of the homeowner instead of in the somewhat adversarial position of a contractor. The phrase “hand-holding” might be just as appropriate. Consulting – When you hire me as a consultant, you have someone whose sole purpose is to insure that the design intent is properly carried out. By acting as an agent hired by you, the homeowner, I become your eyes and ears on site, allowing you to continue to live a normal life. I also help you decide what skills are needed for the project and help assemble the right team. How does a homeowner choose the right professionals or even know what people to hire? A good consultant is a bit like a matchmaker and knows the right specialists for the client and the particular job. Construction – Although I am a licensed contractor, I no longer participate in the actual construction. By working directly for you and on your behalf, I can now use the full force of my passion for homes for your benefit and at a cost that may be substantially below the normal contracting route. However, for small, straight-forward projects a fixed-price contract is still an available option. I encourage you to visit my website at www.HomePerfect-Remodeling.com, since I have many "Before and After" images....

PETER THORN BUILDERS

We are a small design/build general contracting firm that completes most work with our own crews. We are a past HBA DOC "Builder of the Year" award winner. We work mostly in Orange, Durham and Chatham counties and are licensed for general construction, plumbing and heating. Our staff has over 75 years combined experience in the construction business. We are a charter member of the NC Home Builders Institute, an Accredited Builder, recently earned the Nation Green Building Standard certification Certified Green Professional designation, the CAPS I and CAPS II designation to become a certified aging in place remodeler. *NC General Contracting License 32107 *NC Plumbing and Heating License 9593 *NC Real Estate License C8312 (BIC)

04/02/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen remodel - design and execute. Jerry is extremely responsive, clearly trying to get things the way I want them. I have used them in the past, including a major remodel of two bedrooms into a master suite, and the most recent kitchen remodel. They use excellent subcontractors and Jerry or his supervisor is always on site to make sure the contractors do what they should

CATEGORY remodeling,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

10/17/2014

CATEGORY remodeling

01/26/2014

CATEGORY remodeling

All major residential remodeling, kitchen, bath, addition, sunroom, porch, deck, basement, attic, garage, patio, renovation, restructure.