ACME Plumbing Co.

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

636 Foster St

Durham, NC 27701

Do you need quality plumbing repairs in Durham? Turn to ACME Plumbing Co. We have been the trusted plumbers in the community since 1947. With four generations of plumbers working on our team, you can trust we know what were doing. Our technicians are fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Additionally, we stand behind our work and offer a 2-year warranty on most of our labor and parts. Because of our commitment to excellent customer service, we won the Super Service Award in 2015 by Angies List and were given an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau. To schedule a service, call (919) 371-0063....

plumber (225)drain cleaning (22)water heater repair and installation (20)home remodeling (15)drain pipe installation (7)well and water pump (6)hvac repair (5)water softener installation and repair (2)septic tank cleaning (2)gas leak repair (1)

01/29/2019

Great. Problem was solved very quickly

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
fixed a leaking faucet

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/29/2019

01/14/2019

We had a great plumber by the name of Mike V. He completed the task at hand professionally and carefully, as well as making some minor adjustments to a DIY toilet tank lever flush installation. We appreciated his knowledge and efficiency. His cheerful demeanor and honest assessment of our problems won us over. We will be requesting him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
plumbing repairs

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2019

12/18/2018

Acme worked us in to their schedule to repair a faulty (and spraying) toilet cutoff valve. I was out of town, so the house sitter had direct access with the repairman. Luckily I have a whole house cutoff valve in my basement, so the house sitter could shut down water to the leaking valve before the Acme repairman arrived. I called Acme from Arizona and within a couple of hours the repair in North ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace cutoff valve to toilet. Emergency.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/07/2018

I'm so happy we were able to help you. We appreciate the opportunity.

08/04/2018

Excellent experience. The scheduler on the phone was polite and efficient. The technician arrived promptly, explained all work - some I had requested, some he recommended based on what he found - and pricing, and provided a clearly written summary explaining all work done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair leaky outside hose bibbs, replace leaky washing machine supply hose, diagnose leaky water heater SPV, replace water pressure regulator.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/26/2018

08/03/2018

Excellent. Scheduling appointment was very good and quick. Eddie and helper Sullivan were on time, extremely professional, patient with all my concerns, fair and competent. Work was done efficiently. Highly recommend. Strongly suggest club membership for extra savings and priority scheduling. Pay for itself.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was having a moaning sound in pipes. Problem was diagnosed and work was completed fairly and timely. Replaced hose bib and thermal expanse tank on water heater.

07/09/2018

I had a cheap compression valve break and spray water in the bathroom. Of course it was a Sunday night. I decided to get all three in the house replaced to avoid a repeat performance. Plumber arrived early Monday AM on time and completed work quickly. Seems to be a good job. Was more than I was hoping to pay. Cost was a bit higher due to getting them in quickly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace 3 toilet shut-off valve for PEX pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/09/2018

Thank you for allowing us to be of service!

06/25/2018

The workmen were professional and explained everything they did. They showed me pictures of the parts of the plumbing that needed work, which I appreciated. The bill was easy to understand.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
2 cracked hose outlet pipes were repaired, the tub drum trap was replaced, and a pressure regulator was installed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2018

Glad we could be of service! Thank you for the post.

06/22/2018

They fixed it & were very nice & friendly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
toilet leaking

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2018

We appreciate your being a customer, thank you!
D

05/07/2018

BEWARE! Acme arrived on schedule and completed two small repairs, a leaking faucet and a broken shower head. We were told we'd get discounted pricing and preferred scheduling if we purchased an annual contract. Based on Angie's list rating and the fact we had other plumbing problems to solve, we signed. The next issue we had related to low pressure on outside water flow, indicated by poor hose pre...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two small repairs and diagnoses and recommendations for additional plumbing issues.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/23/2018

We dropped the ball responding to your request in a timely manner. I am so sorry. I have issued a refund for the cost of the service agreement.

04/10/2018

The entire job went very smoothly. Two of Acme's experienced professionals removed the old tankless heater and installed the new one (and upgraded the pipes and fittings) in one day. Another professional came the next business day and installed the new whole house filtration system for me. All of the work was top notch. I will definitely call Acme back for my future plumbing needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced tankless water heater. Installed new whole house water filtration system.

CATEGORY plumbing, water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/30/2018

Thank you for taking the time to report your good experience with Acme. We appreciate your giving us the opportunity to take care of your plumbing needs!

Plumbing. Water heaters repair & replacement. Fixtures. Faucets. Disposals & drain cleaning.

Screen door repair. Piano moving. Heating & cooling. Well & septic tank services.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check