Southern Home Services LLC

• Trade License Expiration
  • 12/31/2020

9307 Monroe Rd Suite O

Charlotte, NC 28270

In 2001, owner Shawn Kalgren decided to make a career change that would ultimately set a new standard in the home renovation industry. He left the North Carolina school system to pursue a different type of service, Southern Home Services. Using his teaching skills in combination with his 15 years of home renovation experience, Shawn created a company whose values and principles are reflected by it's "A+" craftsmanship and exemplary customer satisfaction. At Southern Home Services, "Exterior Renovation perfected by Superior Dedication" is not only our motto, but our pledge to every project we undertake and to every customer that puts their confidence in us. We can do this by bringing educational experience and trade expertise to the table so no customer is uninformed and no detail is overlooked. This is why Southern Home Services won't be seen on television or heard on the radio, their customers do their advertising for them. We are an Elite Preferred James Hardie Remodeler....

roofing (326)siding (88)gutter installation (53)window replacement (42)door installation (11)house painting (6)skylight installation (4)woodworking (20)handyman (6)gutter cleaning (6)general contracting (6)plumber (5)

06/23/2020

It went very well. Installers knew exactly what they were doing.they did a great job and cleaned out gutters as they went.Very pleased with our sales person Will.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gutter product to prevent clogged gutters

CATEGORY contractors,gutter repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/23/2020

02/04/2020

We had an original picture window that was leaking badly and needed to be replaced. Southern Home Services inspected the old window installation and gave us two different styles to choose from. We are very impressed with the quality of the window and the workmanship. The new picture window looks great, and the installation went very smooth. We will certainly reach out to SHS as future needs arise.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Picture window replacement

CATEGORY replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2019

Thank you, and we definitely look forward to working with you again in the future!

01/21/2020

They are very helpful, professional, punctual, and left no mess. Will definitely call them when we need a new roof.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/06/2019

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are glad we could help. We hope to be able to service you (or your friends) with any other exterior renovation needs in the future.

01/15/2020

I had a roof installed by HSH a few years ago. I like how they installed my shingle roof. But I’ve had a few issues with water getting through on my metal roof that they installed. When I had the guy over, he proceeded to show me how there were problems with the way the metal roof was installed. He forgot that they installed them. When I asked him to check my warranty to see if it’s still under wa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install new gutters and warranty work on installed metal roof

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/09/2020

11/24/2019

Great result. Expert crews. Reasonably quick. As with any contractor, ensure different crews are coordinated and carefully inspect work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gutters, Wood trim/ facia repair, roof tune up

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2019

Thank you! We appreciate your business and hope to work with you again in the future.

10/25/2019

They worked so hard & did such a good job with painting & fixing the outside that I had them install a new garage door for me. I found they could do most anything. I was very impressed with them. I will call them again. They also checked my gutters & repaired some wood

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed outside wood on my house sanded & repainted on eaves

CATEGORY garage doors,gutter cleaning,woodworking,house painters

COST $2,065.85

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/25/2019

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad we could help you with all of your needs. We hope to be able to work with you (or your friends) with any other exterior renovation needs in the future.

10/14/2019

great work of whole roof replacement done in one day

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2019

Thanks!

10/14/2019

Work was completed on time as requested. All staff were very knowledgeable and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof repairs

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/28/2019

12/20/2018

The project went great. The price was very reasonable, the product is a higher quality than the other contractors we interviewed. On the date of the project, SHS’ crew showed up on time, did the entire scope of the project in 1 day and by 4:30 they were pulling out of my driveway. Roofing removal is an incredibly messy job and their cleanup was spectacular! In the week after the new roof was insta...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roofing shingle removal/replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/13/2018

Thank you so much for the kind words, [Member Name Removed]! We are glad we could meet and exceed your expectations. We hope to be able to help you (or your friends) with any other exterior renovation needs in the future.

11/12/2018

I was told I would need to speak to Shawn. I never heard back from Shawn for several days despite me calling the office multiple times and reiterating my request. I am moving on.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
quote on window replacement

CATEGORY replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/09/2018

Roof replacement, roof leak diagnostics (starting at $89), vinyl & James Hardie siding replacement, window replacement, door replacement, gutter replacement

Siding repair, window repair, door repair, gutter repair, foundation work, concrete, landscaping, fencing, chimney repair, glass replacement, interior renovations

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available