Distinctive Design / Build / Remodel, LLC

Founded 1997 • Angie's List since October 2008

Distinctive Design / Build / Remodel is an award-winning, fully certified Design / Build team. We remodel and build custom homes in and around Charlotte, NC as well as Charleston, SC including Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Folly Beach and select communities in the Carolina mountains. What do you get when you combine an amazing designer with a detail-obsessed builder? Perfect results that thrill homeowners. Our team delivers best of the best quality — EVERY TIME. We deliver high quality NOT high quantity. Quality workmanship takes a little longer – we never overload our schedule just to make more money. We ONLY offer the highest quality products at fair prices. Our clients refuse to accept anything that is cheap or inferior. Our team of award-winning designers and builders deliver personalized service. All clients work directly with the owners from start to finish. Who Should Hire Us? If an ordinary or ‘cookie-cutter’ design is all you need, we are probably not the right choice for you. And if the absolute cheapest price is what you want, there will be less skilled contractors willing to underbid us. But if you want absolutely beautiful ‘hand-crafted’ remodeling or custom home building that you will enjoyed for a lifetime, give us a call. We look forward to learning more about your project and explaining our Distinctive Design / Build process....

CRS Construction Company, Inc.

09/13/2012

Overall the services were very professional and courteous. Overall it was a great experience. I would us them again. We never had to call them back for any improvement.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used their services for remolding of the master bathroom.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,hardwood floor repair,woodworking,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

04/12/2011

They were great. I would have preferred to use them but they were little high. Their estimate was for $5500. They were thorough and very professional. It was the price that made me drop them. I would definitely consider them and encourage them and in my future projects I would consider them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Distinctive Building Services gave me a quote to build a closet. My bedroom backs are to my garage and they would have to blow out that wall to build the closet.

CATEGORY remodeling

08/23/2010

When a huge tree limb punched a hole in our roof, I knew who to call. Vince Busby of Distinctive Building Services is the only General Contractor I will call in the Charlotte area. He remodeled my whole house several years ago and I knew I could trust him to fix several of the rafters which were broken on our roof as well as make sure the repair matched the rest of the shingles. Within a few hours...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Distinctive Building Services repaired my roof when a massive limb from a Gumball tree ripped a hole in my roof and damaged several rafters as well as a vent pipe. This job was complicated by the fact that we have a Mansard roof with "old-school" framing and very little attic space in which to work. I also wanted to make sure the new shingles matched the existing shingles. While they were making the roof repairs I also had them install gutter guards around my whole house, repair and paint several windows which were leaking, touch up some paint on the chimney and install a chimney cap as well as install an attic fan.

CATEGORY contractors,ceramic tile,decks,electrician,garage doors,gutter repair,hardwood floor repair,masonry,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,wallpaper removal,windows,garage builders,home builders,skylights,woodworking,marble & granite,structural engineer,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,house painters,interior painters,sunrooms,basement remodeling

01/14/2009

It was a great experience. Vince and his crew did an excellent job. Very helpful in making decisions, and very neat and kept things clean. I would do it all over again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We added a roof over an existing patio. We also added a stone wall and hearth area inside.

CATEGORY masonry,roofing,sunrooms

01/09/2009

The end result was just what we were looking for.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We wanted to convert a 2 story family room to a single level family room with a 2nd floor playroom. Every other contractor had told us that we would need columns to support the second floor. Vince assured us that this was not needed and I was able to see his work on a friend's house where he had done the similar job. They put in a new 2nd floor for the playroom, converted 2 side windows to working windows, and added an "L shaped" closet with double pocket doors in the playroom, as well as recessed lighting and 2 vents for the new room.

CATEGORY remodeling

Residential & commercial general contractor, remodeling, custom home builder, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, kitchen renovation, bathroom renovation, custom cabinets and built-ins, additions, basement conversions, attic conversions, historical renovations, design services, green building practices, millwork, carpentry, interior & exterior painting, outdoor living spaces, screened porches, decks, patios, media rooms, closet and garage organizers, siding, windows, doors.

Check, Financing