Carolina Digestive Hlth Assocs

Angie's List since October 2008

There are 3 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. Average patient volume is 30 patients per day. ...

07/14/2014

I almost left before seeing the Dr. the wait was so long (over an hour). Once I got back in the back complaining all the way, I saw the doctor very quickly and like the other doctors I.ve seen there over the years he was very good and very informative. I usually go to another of their offices and have never had the waiting problem I had there.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This visit was a follow up after having an ultra sound endoscopy.

06/03/2014

Dr. Portwood is very good at what he does.  He respected me as a partner in my care.  He knows his stuff, and is good at explaining what needs to be done, and what could be wrong.  His bedside manner is good, and he provides all the information you want.  I highly recommend him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Colonoscopy

03/26/2013

the stones have grown so large that doctor portwood was not able to crush them. the stint that was in there has slipped out which he was able to find and get out and put in  a second one in . this will buy us some us a few weeks til we will have to drive to duke to have to have a second one done . and my step dad still likes the doctor. just saying

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
my step dad had  stones in his bile duck. we are new to the area and had no idea how to find a good doctor. looked up angies list and was very happy with doctor portwood. my stepdad is 82 and from the country he does not like doctors and even he liked doctor portwood.

03/15/2013

Dr. Schneider has been my digestive doctor for several years and he's excellent.  He's realistic, always listens and has a plan. He doesn't recommend crazy treatment plans or diets that no one can follow.  He's performed several procedures for me:  colonoscopy and EGD. I've never had problems with his treatment or procedures. He's excellent about explaining the issues and answering my questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have trouble swallowing

CATEGORY internist

08/24/2012

He is excellent in every category. He is a great doctor.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a colonoscopy.

CATEGORY colon care