Chimney Specialists LLC Buster Pruente

A 26 Reviews

Founded 1977 • Angie's List since August 2011

17108 E. 58

Raymore, MO 64083

We're a Father/Son team and have been in business since 1977 and on all the major Insurance Company's preferred contractor list. We'll share with you all the technical specs and practical fixes for any problems you have and do the work ourselves. We have masonry craftsmen to call in on bigger jobs. Free estimates are available on jobs where there is a fair chance of winning your job. We're not the the highest or the lowest priced contractors, we try to stay middle of the road pricing. We won't come in and "scare" you with dire warnings about your house, but we will give you an inspection based on local codes and years of experience. We've seen it all before and can solve all chimney related problems. We've also done historic work on homes in greater Kansas City and St Joseph,and did the first round of work on the Freight House in Kansas City,as well as lots of work in downtown Lee's Summit. We also do basement repair and waterproofing such as wall bracing and backfill dirt. Waterproof paint on basements and raising window wells and epoxy basement wall cracks...

chimney repair (26)masonry (5)chimney cap repair (4)chimney sweeping (2)fireplace repair (1)

05/05/2020

Fit me into their schedule and arrived promptly. Does not work on chimneys made from wood framing and siding; so, they gave me contact information for another company that does this type of work. Honesty and referral greatly appreciated.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Flu Inspection & Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/05/2020

04/26/2019

Very good repairs...looks like new!!! He replaced the bricks on the chimney and repaired the brick facing that was pulling away from the house. Buster is very nice and honest!! I will definitely call him again!!! Very happy with the results!!! Excellent!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired chimney brick and brick facing on house

CATEGORY masonry,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2019

05/07/2018

The work was completed quickly and done extremely well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Repair

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/22/2017

12/17/2017

They came ahead of schedule and performed the work professionally to my satisfaction.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Power wash chimney. Tuck point chimney.. Seal concrete around chimney. Install new metal cap. Repaired crack inside flue box.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/17/2017

C

10/25/2017

He did not present a bid. Seemed knowlegable with information of codes and options for work he could accomplish. He and co-worker spent a busy 30-45 minutes checking our 2 chimneys. He said he would have a bid ready in 1-2 days. We are still waiting - have not heard from him since.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney repair & water-proofing

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/27/2017

Hey Bill sorry about the mixup I sent you a estimate via e-mail and it is under sent messages so again I'm sorry you didn't get it bit I just resent it. I will be glad to answer any questions or do the job for you. I will follow up with a call.

10/16/2017

They showed up quickly to give me an estimate. They were in time for the estimate and to complete the work. The recommended fixing what needed done at a reasonable cost. No extra costly repairs like some of the other bids. They cleaned up everything very well when finished. Overall, extremely professional and did great work for a reasonable price. I would recommend them to anyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They rebuilt the cricket, replaced a dozen spalded bricks, sealed around the flashing, sealed the cap and shoulders, and coated the whole chimney with sealant to fix a problem with water getting in our wood burning insert.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/12/2017

09/25/2017

Showed up when he said he would and work was completed in a timely manner

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He repaired our stone chimney which was leaking by tuck pointing and resealing.

CATEGORY masonry,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/25/2017

C

08/22/2017

Read previous entry..... I had to contact him two weeks after buying his $67 coupon for $150 worth of work. Please provide refund to CC used.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed chimney otside stack sealed from water leaking. I had to call him for appointment after I had paid for device deal 2weeks earlier. He did come and give an estimate. His estimate was $300 more than another company I used instead.

COST $67.5

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2017

Hey [Member Name Removed] sorry about not getting your job even though it is well outside the area I service I was glad to give you a quote as you called from Angie's List! Since you purchased the coupon from Angie's List that is where a refund has to come from I apologies for any inconvience this put on you but I have no control over the refund policy. I would be happy to give you an free inspect...

08/22/2017

Buster and Steve were very prompt, didn't try to talk us into any excess work and performed the work when they said they would. I would recommend and hire again without any hesitation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney flue liner replacement and brick tuck pointing

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/09/2017

05/26/2017

Perfect! Did a Great Job, covered roof with tarp- no damage to shingles, rebuilt chimney- very nice clean job, sealed bricks & caulked flashing- no leaks, cleaned up & hauled away old bricks, started and finished job quickly and his work is of very good quality.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tear down & Rebuild Chimney from roof up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/26/2017

Chimney Repairs,Flue Relines,Storm Damage Repairs-Lightning Strikes and Flue Fires, Stucco Repairs, New Fireplaces,Basement Repairs and Waterproofing. Basement Braces,Dirt Backfill. Manufactured Stone Veneer.

We do not offer "concrete" services such as patio or driveway work.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check