Find top-rated Service Providers

Find Top-Rated Overland Tree Services

There are 105 top-rated tree services in your area.

Zip Code
Join Angie's List Now To see all 105 highly rated companies in Overland

Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Tree Service Company Articles

Go to the article: 

How Much Does Tree Removal Cost?

men trying to remove fallen tree on house
Go to the article: 

How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Tree Service?

man putting leavs in a trash bin
Go to the article: 

5 Tips to Get the Best Tree Service


Tree Service reviews in Overland

  • A
    Kyle gave a very detailed report of the work that would be done. He diagnosed the problem with the oak tree and told us what our options were. He had to reschedule twice because of bad weather, but that was no problem. They got the job done in the amount of time he said it would take. They did a great job, removed a lot of dead wood that could have fallen on my house, and left no mess anywhere. The price was exactly as quoted $1,6xx. Initially, I thought it was high, but they had four guys working for 4 1/2 or 5 hours. They were unable to use a lift, because my house sits up on a terraced hill, pretty for off from the street, so they had to climb very high to remove the wood. Maybe I could have found a lower price, but I was so impressed with Kyle, that I didn't even look any further. I felt like they really cared about the safety of their men too, which was very important to me. I would highly recommend!
    - Carol M.
  • C
    Better communication is needed: calls made/returned in a timely manner, as promised
    Branches need to be cut down more carefully/professionally so that power lines/banisters/patios are not harmed
    Bushes need to be trimmed by someone who understands directions and knows about such things
    Clean-up needs to be done in a timely manner and more thoroughly

    - Lisabetta T.
  • F
    Kevin met with me on 4/14/15 to look at the trees in our yard, diagnose & give us an estimate. He petted my dog and assured me, when I asked specifically about the dangers of the pesticides, that they would not harm our pets. 
    I emailed the contract back to Allen's on 5/6/15.  When I had not received a response, I called them back after about 10 days/2 weeks. The office staff told me that the treatment would be done in June. When I asked if they were so busy that they were scheduling that far in advance, I was told that they planned to do the treatment when it would be most effective.  I asked which day they would be coming, and was told that they couldn't confirm a date in advance due to weather changes, but would contact me a day or two in advance. 
    Today,  6/10/15, I was cleaning up email (I don't use it often) and discovered that on 6/4/15, Allen's emailed me an invoice for service to the ash tree done on 6/3/15.  I was shocked, and a few things suddenly clicked into place.  For the past week, my dog has not wanted to go outside, and when she does go out, she doesn't want to go near that tree. We refer to that tree as "her" tree, because she had the habit of sitting or lying beneath it next to her water bowl.  We have a run set up between that tree & another further down in the yard, but she has always enjoyed hanging out beneath that ash tree, which is just off of our back deck.  When on her run, she stays as far away from that tree as she can, and she's been a bit lethargic, and has a red patch on her leg that she's been chewing on... but we haven't been able to see any reason for the irritation. 
    So, I called Allen's to find out if they really did come out & do the treatment without contacting us; Stacy confirmed that they did. She said there was no note on the contract to contact us in advance, and no note about us having a dog. She said those are things normally put on the contract.  I asked to speak to a manager because I was livid. I was told that she could have Kevin call me back in the morning.  WHAT? I asked if that was seriously the way they handled a customer who was very upset, and asked if there was any supervisor available.  She put me on hold several times, and came back each time without putting me through to a supervisor or providing a supervisor's name. Each time, she said she'd have Kevin call me tomorrow. I told her this was unacceptable, and asked to speak with the owner of the company or the company president. I was told the owner wasn't in, but that she could have him call me back next time he came into the office.  I was floored. I again insisted on speaking with someone in authority and was finally put through to Christina, who identified herself as the office manager .
    Christina had nothing else to offer. She even had the nerve to tell me that I should have written on the contract that I wanted to be contacted before the service was performed and that I had a dog, because it was not their normal policy to contact the customer in advance of service.  I asked her how I was supposed to know that those things needed to be written on the contract, and I told her that Kevin met and petted my dog while he was here, and that he made no mention of needing to write that on the contract. I told her that it was an office staff member who told me I would be contacted before the service was performed, AFTER I sent in my contract.  So at the least, Kevin and the office staff member to whom I spoke after sending in my contract both failed to document on the contract my request to be contacted and information about my pets. 
    I asked to know what kind of chemicals were used, but Christina didn't know... all she could say was that she would have Kevin call me back in the morning.  I asked why he couldn't talk with me today, and she said 'because he's out in the field doing estimates." 
    So at this point, I am furious. The lack of communication from them during the contract process should have tipped me off. I'll admit it raised red flags for me that I should not have ignored. But that does not excuse the facts:  they failed to document important information on the contract about the services I was requesting. As a result, they came out to my property and dumped pesticides on the ground without any warning, without any notice or note left on my door, without any communication whatsoever. Now, I have serious concerns about my dog's health.  But I cannot even call the vet to check whether or not the pesticides used could be causing my pet's distress, because it's apparently too much of an inconvenience for them to communicate with their customers or to document the contracts appropriately so that their customers are aware of exactly what they are doing and when. 
    It's plain that Allen's Tree Service does not value communication, due diligence, the well-being of pets, or their customers' concerns. I am stuck waiting until tomorrow to receive a call back. I can only hope to receive accurate information about what was used so that I can contact my veterinarian.  Their lack of concern is disturbing, and we will be cancelling an additional contract we placed with them for service to a different tree at a different time. 
    - Kathi C.
  • C
    I got a quote on this work in early September.  In October, I faxed Omni a request to do some of the work and asked them to call me back to confirm they would do it. (I still have the fax.)

    I received no response, and after another month had gone by, I decided that my fax had either not made it to Omni--it happens--or they simply were not able to slot me in, for whatever reason.  

    No matter--I decided I would just wait and contact them again in the spring. Plus, I realized that by November, I had some additional work that they could take care of in the spring as well.  In the meantime, I did go out and clear some of the vine-y overgrowth myself.  

    I was at work one day in late November--again, had not heard from Omni whatsoever--and I got out of a meeting in the late afternoon to discover there was a message on my cell phone. It was from Omni tree service--they were in my neighborhood and would be doing the work I requested.

    This gave me NO time to respond, to tell them I needed to be there, that I needed them to handle things any particular way, do not come if I'm not there--nothing.  

    I went home immediately, and the work was already done. However, since I had not had a chance to even be there or confirm the nature of the work with them--since they had never followed up with me that they were even going to do the work--there had been no chance for me to tell them that I needed the heavy overgrowth at least chopped into pieces I could lug away. (I'm a small woman.)  

    Consequently, the chopped-down shrubs and overgrowth were in pieces too big for me to manage. And now they are still sitting there, an unsightly mess that I will now need to hire someone else to remove. 
    This could have all been avoided if Omni had had the courtesy to (a) call me back and let me know they were going to do the work at some point--since my fax specifically asked them to confirm; and (b) notified me ahead of time so I could be there when they arrived. 

    I did call a few weeks after receiving my invoice to complain, and I was told that they were sorry--they always try to call ahead before doing work--and I would receive a call back about the matter. I never received a call. Perhaps if I had withheld payment, someone from Omni would have seen fit to follow up with me.

    So overall, I'm not really a happy camper, which is too bad because Omni came highly recommended, and decent communication from them would have made a big difference.
    - Lori S.
  • A
    I initially called about removal of one tree and pruning of one tree. The vendor came out when he said for a free quote. He is very knowledgeable and was very good to explain the process and provide me with information. His price was very much in line (and lower in some cases) with other vendors I interviewed. 
    He also told me what had killed the tree and showed me that an additional tree was also diseased. 
    I appreciated the time and information he put into the visit and the quote. 
    His crew came out when they said they would and performed the removal and pruning. They left no mess and the yard was in great condition after they came out. 
    I was pleased with the results.
    - KATIE H.
  • D
    After several back and forth messages from Kimberly, the secretary at New Life Landscaping, there was no follow up on the information she gave me, a time and date for the owner to come look at my trees and give me a bid. The owner just appeared at my door last Saturday, not at the time we had agreed upon, and told me Kimberly had been fired because of inept work, and that he was way back-logged on his schedule. He looked at my trees and told me he would e-mail me a bid for the work. As of yet, I have not heard from him. Since no agreements we have made so far have been honored, I have no confidence that there will a change, so I have asked for a refund.
    - Lisabetta T.
  • F
    The provider came to my house to get an estimate. It was $99 for 2 hours of work. He said he would email me a proposal. When I received the proposal there was an additional expense for hauling away and dumping fees. I decided to agree to the additional $125 expense. They made an appointment for the date of service on 10/9 from 11-1. At 1:00 I still hadn't heard from them even after I left a message. I finally received a call later in the afternoon saying they could come late that evening or be the first call on 10/10 around 8:30 or 9 in the morning. I asked if I would be the first customer on 10/10 and was assured I would be. I asked them to call if they would be late. On 10/10 around 10:00 I finally called to ask where they were and had to leave a message. Around 12:00 I hadn't heard from them and was leaving to do errands I had put off for 2 days when I received a message they were 15 minutes away, so I decided to stay. When they arrived, they went into the back yard and told me I would have to pay an additional fee for the "dog feces" in the yard. I was very angry, since the owner had been in the yard to inspect the work and never mentioned a problem and didn't include that 2nd additional expense on the proposal. I told them to leave---I wasn't going to keep paying more and more when the coupon said only $99.
    - BARBARA R.
  • A
    Less than one-half hour from the time the trees in our yard fell on our and our neighbor's roof. I was on the phone to Ray's Tree Service. which I found on Angie's list. Since it was in the evening I made an appointment for the next morning, to have an estimate for the trees to be cut down and removed.
    At 8 AM promptly the next morning the estimator from Ray's, Bob Bushy, was at our door. He did a survey of the damage and the yards then presented us with an estimate.He advised us that we could save some money if we waited until the 1st of the New Year to have the work done. We did not want to wait and approved the price for having the work done that afternoon. Bob went to the neighbor next door and asked permission for the crew to have access to their roof and yard.
    Less than an hour after signing the contract the crew was here and began their work. The were efficient, in carrying our the removal of the two trees. They cleaned up all the debris and even cleaned up some debris from our maple tree on the opposite side of our yard, which had lost a branch.
    I would highly recommend Ray's Tree Service for their promptness in replying to our request for service. Also for the professionalism of their crew and the quality of their work.
    - Vicki M.
  • A
    Tom Watson, the owner, was very responsive in coming out to look at, and bid, the job which consisted of hauling away some planter box timbers and clearing some small trees and brush away from the side of the home. He contacted me by email a couple of days prior to doing the work and gave a date that the team might be out to do the work but couldn't say for sure due to a pending job being finished. Therefore, when they did come out later in the day on that date, I was at work and not present during the work to do an initial walk through to ensure we were on the same page as to the work being done. When I arrived the team was already done and had left for the day. Some of the front planter tie wood was not hauled away and some of the roots were not cut completely to ground. When I contacted Tom I found out there was a mis-communication about the wood being hauled away. Tom went ahead and removed the remaining wood at his own cost even though he understood (and bid) the job to NOT include that wood in the removal and would have to pay a second charge to dump it. That is probably why Finishing Touch has such a high rating on Angie's List - he follows up to make sure the job is done right - and, in this case, he did so at his own expense. I would use Finishing Touch again for any landscaping work we have due to the follow up results of the job.
    - Howard M T.
  • D
    The visit for the proposal went well and everything was spelled out in the proposal.  Then I tried to get a call to schedule an appointement for the work but the arborist kept calling my home number when I told the lady in the office to have him call my cell # because I was at work.  Finally, had to call the head guy/brother and he made the appointment for me for Tues, Apr 24.  When they showed up to do the work, everything went fine until all the tree trimming and cleanup was nearly done.  So, I went out and pointed out that the dead branches high up on the elm that extended into my yard from my neighbors elm need to be cut back also. The guy went back up and cut the one dead branch, but not the other one that was pushed up against the my spruce tree.  I didn't push the point on the second branch that was pushed up on the spruce because it was up so high--that was my mistate--I should have demanded they cut both back.  A couple days later, that same branch fell down on its own into my yard and the arborist came back out and found that the elm branch had rot in it and he wanted to quote me an additional $100 to come and cut it up and haul it off.  When I told him I felt it was part of the proposal, he first tried to push back, but then said he wasn't going to argue--it' wasn't worth it.  So, he said he would let his brother know to come back and do the job.  I called that brother and he said he would be there the next day, but never showed.  I tried calling them several times after that, but never got anyone to return my calls.  I stopped calling and contacted another tree svc that took care of the job at my cost.
    - Karen C.
Join Angie's List to view provider's name.

Tree Services in Overland

Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.

To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, JOIN ANGIE'S LIST NOW!