UNCLE JOHN'S HANDYMAN SERVICE

Angie's List since October 2008

C Rated | 21 Reviews

Hilltop Home Repairs

Specializing in handyman services and home repairs. Don't worry! If it's broke, I'll fix it for you! No job is too big, or too small. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Home repairs, all phases of remodeling, flooring, plumbing, and MORE! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

04/06/2019

They never called me back. Not reliable. Would never recommend any company that does not at least return a call.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painting and drywall

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,interior painters

04/15/2017

This was at my work place - I asked for a estimate ( which had to be submitted to the landlord) i had to talk John into coming by to look at it. He estimate 21 guys ( reasonable ) but 2 hours - to complete the job. He must have thought that I was some kind goof ball ( remember he had seen the work) I ended up doing the work myself with the maintenance man. the whole took us 15 minutes to swap out ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove a countertop and replace it.

11/08/2016

should've saved the money and done it ourselves - I had hoped that by hiring someone else to make the repair that it would look seamless and blend into the existing paint and texture. instead, you could still see the drywall tape and the paint doesn't match. definitely will never hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair hole in ceiling and repaint

06/07/2016

I had a horrible experience with Uncle John's Handyman service. So here’s the negative review hoping it spares someone else. The second estimate was for $8,000 and they took two weeks to get back to me. The total cost ended up being over 15,000 dollars! Almost double the original estimate including the installation of the vanity, toilet and concrete wall repair; all of which didn’t get accomplishe...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom Remodel

CATEGORY contractors,ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,handyman service,plumbing

07/18/2015

Work was sloppy.  Damaged wall and grout in tile.  Was supposed to remove a small tree also, but was unable to give me any idea when it could be hauled away, so that job was "scratched".   I contacted Uncle John to voice complaints about this work, but message was never acknowledged.   I would like this review published, but do not use my real name.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed 3 dimmer switches

CATEGORY handyman service

ELECTRICAL SWITCHES, FIXTURES, CEILING FANS, LIGHTING, CIRCUIT BREAKERS, EXTERIOR LIGHTING, PLUMBING, SPRINKLER SYSTEMS, WATER HEATERS & SOFTENERS, GARBAGE DISPOSAL, DISHWASHER, DRYWALL, INTERIOR & EXTERIOR PAINTING, DECK CLEANING & STAINING, HARDWOOD FLOOR INSTALLATION, REPAIR & REFINISHING, TILE, DOORS & WINDOWS, SHIPMENT PREPARATION, HOUSE SECURITY & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, HOLIDAY LIGHTING, PICTURE HANGING, BLIND HANGING, KNIFE SHARPENING, CEILING TILES, HAULING, TUCK POINT MASONRY.