Joseph A. Muccini MD LLC

Angie's List since October 2008

8:00 AM - 11:30 AM

222 S Woods Mill Rd Ste 475N

Chesterfield, MO 63017

MidAmerica Skin Health & Vitality Center is a medical, surgical and cosmetic practice specializing in dermatology in St Louis, Missouri and the surrounding areas. Owned and operated by Joseph A. Muccini, MD, MidAmerica Skin Health & Vitality Center strives to help patients understand and treat their medical skin conditions (skin health) as well as learn about lifestyle choices and cosmetic products/services that will help keep their skin looking as youthful as possible (skin vitality). Dr. Muccini is a Harvard and Columbia-trained, Board Certified, Dermatologist with over 20 years of experience in medical and surgical dermatology. His expertise ranges from routine skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and simple keratoses to the most complex skin diseases such as skin cancer, toxic skin reactions and paraneoplastic conditions. Complementing his proficiency in medical and surgical dermatology, Dr. Muccini also offers a wide and expanding array of traditional cosmetic dermatology products and services, including PrecisionTx™ laser treatment for neck tightening (“turkey neck”) and small area contouring; PEARL® and PEARL® Fractional Laser texturing; and Laser/IPL reduction of wrinkles, sun damage, spider veins, and excess hair, among others. He also features premier cosmetic dermatology products, including Botox®, Juvederm®, Belotero®, Restylane Silk®, Restylane Lyft®, Radiesse®, Latisse®, Epionce®, Clarisonic®, and colorscience®. The company’s esthetician provides facials, chemical peels, Pellevé® skin tightening, SkinPen™II microneedling, dermaplaning, waxing, and other services. From the simplest skin conditions to the most complex skin diseases, from traditional cosmetic products to cutting edge cosmetic technology, MidAmerica Skin Health & Vitality Center maintains expertise in all things skin rejuvenation in Chesterfield and the surrounding areas....

dermatology (16)

07/07/2018

Dr. Muccini and his entire staff are excellent! He spends time really getting to know his patients and their skin issues. I moved to St. Louis 20 years ago and struggled to find a dermatologist that was extremely knowledgeable about eczema. Found Dr. Muccini two years after arriving and he's been my Dermatologist every since. He's funny and cares deeply for his patients. I lost health insurance in...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Treated eczema

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/23/2017

12/03/2013

I have an appointment with him tomorrow. I like his personality, the fact that he is so thorough. He had to do a scraping to try and figure out what the skin problem was. The staff seemed fine, I didn't really have much to do with them. I have only been there once.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use Dr. Joseph A. Muccini. He is my dermatologist.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2013

11/20/2013

Dr. Muccini has a great bedside manner.  He immediately put me at ease, answered all my questions and proceeded with treatment.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had seen my podiatrist and she suggested that I have a mole checked that she noticed on the top of my foot. Also wanted to have an all over skin cancer evaluation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/12/2013

07/02/2013

He has been my dermatologist for years. I went to him a couple of months ago. I have recommended him. He does a great job and he is an outstanding physician. I have been going to him for decades. I will continue to use him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Joseph A. Muccini is my dermatologist. He takes care of some skin problems that I have.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2013

05/09/2013

It was well. He and his staff were very professional and accomodating. They were very friendly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a mole removed from my face.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2012

03/08/2013

Dr. Muccini is very personable and works very fast.  He talks fast too, so you have to keep up.  He does sell products from his office, but his prices are lower than retail.  Very efficient, courteous front-end staff as well.  We will go back.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dermatology stuff - all-over body check, removal of dark spots and moles, etc.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/18/2013

07/11/2012

I have gone to him for about seven years. Have been very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
yearly checkup. HE is an excellent derm. I tell everyone I know to go to him.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/01/2012

06/15/2012

The appointment went well. I had to wait about 30 minutes before being seen by the doctor. The waiting area is very pleasant and relaxing so I didn't mind the wait. Dr. Muccini has a good sense of humor. We discussed the medication he'd prescribed for psoriasis and he looked at the problem areas. Basically the areas were not irritated because the medication worked very well. Just a word of warning...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I saw Dr. Muccini for a follow up visit for psoriasis.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/20/2012

11/03/2011

It was easy to get an appointment convienent to my schedule.  The appointment went well and I felt as if Dr Muccinni listened to my concerns.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I liked that way Dr Muccini was very direct and told it like it was about taking care of my potential pre-cancer situation!

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/12/2011

08/02/2011

I have been going to him for years because I constantly get small skin cancer underway for growing up in Southern California. He takes care of everything and has cured so much. I have no problems and I like him personally. I like his staff as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Muccini is my dermatologist and my last visit with him was about a month ago.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/05/2011