CARTER AVENUE FRAME SHOP

Founded 1975 • Angie's List since July 2001

Custom picture framing including mounting, matting, framing, canvas stretching, shrink-wrapping, and shadowboxes. Specializing in difficult to frame items....

Glass & Mirror Outlet

We provide complete glass & mirror service - we are the leaders in Heavy glass frameless shower enclosures, replacing foggy windows, installing mirrored walls & vanity mirrors, Desktop glass, Cabinet glass, fixing broken windows, custom cut mirror or glass. We are here to help you! Come experience the largest glass and mirror showroom in Minnesota. We provide custom fabrication. LET US MAKE YOUR DREAMS BECOME A REALITY!!! Free estimates available by appointment on installed items. We look forward to working with you!

03/12/2018

I needed an oil painting stretched and framed. I had an idea of what I didn't want for the frame style, but wasn't sure of what I did want. Carter Frames helped me select a frame that works perfectly with my painting. In fact, I admire the frame details almost as much as I admire the painting. The quality of the frame is outstanding and the service was exceptional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Canvas stretching and framing of painting

CATEGORY picture framing

Thank you for your kind words, your trust, and your business. It was a pleasure working with you. We're thrilled you like the framing!

03/02/2014

Professional, quality work, done quickly

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair a frame

CATEGORY picture framing

Thanks for the business. It was a pleasure.

02/27/2014

The staff are very friendly and talented. They gave us several options for each piece and explained the pros and cons of different matting and framing styles. One piece required them to help us lay out five cards from Tanzania in an attractive manner and frame suitably, and they did a very good job. It's not cheap, but they do high-quality work and in less than a week each time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
picture and card framing

CATEGORY picture framing

Thanks! It's always fun for us to see the interesting things people bring in for framing. Tim Smith

02/24/2014

Staff provided patient advice and helped us achieve good solutions for both jobs: mounting method, frames, mats, and glass. They handled our artwork carefully and took the time to help us with find the frames that were best suited to the colors and textures of the images. The job was completed on time and at the quoted price. We've had the pictures up on our walls for a couple of months and are ve...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Framed a poster and framed a photograph.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying your art. Tim Smith

01/17/2014

My pictures were framed within the promised 1 week.  There was even a holiday in the middle but they still completed the work on time.  The cost was less than other framing shops without sacrificing quality.  I had a great conversation with two of the framers about mat colors and ideal frames.  I really appreciated their insight into colors, balance and frame material type.  I walked away with two...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had three pictures framed, and Carter Ave did a fantastic job on all three.

CATEGORY picture framing

Thanks for your kind words and your business. We are thrilled you are happy with our work. Thanks! Tim Smith

CUSTOM PICTURE FRAMING DESIGNS, PICTURE FRAMING TO PRESERVATION QUALITY STANDARDS, ECLECTIC ART SELECTION FROM POSTERS & PRINTS TO ORIGINAL ART, IN-HOME/IN-OFFICE ART & FRAMING CONSULTATIONS, PAPER CONSERVATION, PHOTO RESTORATION, OIL PAINTING CLEANING/RESTORATION SERVICES, PICTURE-HANGING SERVICES AVAILABLE. DRY MOUNTING, CANVAS STRETCHING, AND NEEDLEWORK STRETCHING OFFERED.