Black Bear Sealcoating and Asphalt Repair

Founded 1990 • Angie's List since September 2003

D Rated | 129 Reviews

Black Bear Sealcoating and Asphalt Repair is a family business, whose owner does most of the actual work himself, along with his wife and grown children. We do free estimates and will schedule the work, if accepted, promptly or whenever it suits the customers timeline. We have been in business for 20 years and are very interested in repeat and satisfied customers. We work on commercial parking lots and townhouse association complexes as well as residential driveways....

01/20/2018

Service was fine, but the quality less than a year later is extremely poor. You can see from the pictures that the cracks were filled poorly. This allowed water to permeate and increase the size of the cracks. The sealer they use is so poor that less than a year later it needs to be redone. I suggest paying a little more and getting it done right with quality materials.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Driveway seal coating and crack repair

CATEGORY asphalt driveway

This is disappointing in that you did not reach to us. The crackfilling is dependent on the foundation. We have no way of knowing what is causing the crack, so we fill it, hoping to stop the moisture from seeping in. If the foundation is moving, the crackfill isn't able to hold.

10/02/2017

I have my driveway seal-coated every two years and everyone I have used before has done a great job and I have not had any complaints until this year 2017. I understand that some of the larger cracks will be seen after seal-coating is finished, but even the small ones are very noticeable after Black Bear finished. I asked my neighbors for their opinion and they agreed it was a terrible job. I aske...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had Black Bear Sealcoating come to resurface my driveway and they performed a horrible job.

CATEGORY asphalt driveway

We don't recall your order or concerns. If our customers have a concern or issue, a phone call or email should be sent, otherwise we don't know that there is a problem. We would have taken care of any issue, so feel let down that we were not given a chance to rectify any issues. No phone or email was received from this person.

09/15/2016

I have used Black Bear Sealcoating before. Bruce Smith and his crew recently seal-coated my driveway and as usual, they did an excellent job. The cracks and seams were filled, the new coat was evenly applied, and there was no splash or overspill. Competitive price too. The driveway looks like new and is ready for more Minnesota weather. Highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Driveway Sealcoat. Cracks and seams filled.

09/01/2016

Bruce Smith and crew did an Excellent job. Fast and affordable. It looks brand new!!! Would recommend this company to anyone. Thanks Angies List and Black Bear Asphalt Repair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
driveway repair

08/24/2015

Great.  Called in advance to coordinated the timing of the job.  Showed up when they said they would.  Completed the job quickly and neatly, and were gone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sealcoated 2 driveways for us

CATEGORY asphalt driveway

Asphalt Maintenance & Repair • Blacktop Repair • Patching • Cut Out & Replace Asphalt • Overlay of Sunken Areas or Complete Overlay of Asphalt • Sealcoating •Crack Filling Available •Power Edging available Residential, Commercial Parking Lots and Townhouse complexes

ask for details

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Similar businesses in your area...