VALVOLINE INSTANT OIL CHANGE

Angie's List since October 2005

B Rated | 7 Reviews

"Your local Valvoline Instant Oil Change service center provides fast oil changes and quality preventive maintenance. Since 1986, our certified technicians and award-winning Valvoline™ products have been keeping vehicles in expert shape and on the road. QUICK Fast, drive-through oil changes done in about 15 minutes. EASY No appointment necessary, we get you in and out fast. Stay connected to your busy life with our free WiFi TRUSTED Our technicians master our Super-Pro 10™ ASE®-accredited training process We service all makes and models, including luxury vehicles CONVENIENT When you need an oil change, we are in your neighborhood" ...

Am-Pm Automotive Repair

For over 25 years we have been servicing vehicles in the White Bear Lake area and surrounding communities. Started by Greg Martz, we're still a family owned business focusing on you as our customer. As an AC Delco tech center, you can be 100% confident that only the highest quality auto parts will be used on your automobile. While many of our competitors cut prices by cutting quality, we guarantee that all of the replacement parts that we use meet the O.E.M. specifications (original equipment specifications). We do it all, from minor repairs to complete overhauls! We distinguish ourselves from any competition by our exceptional auto repair and customer service!

10/23/2013

I know this incident happened about a year ago, but the experience still bothers me and Angie's List still requested a review.  This oil change did not go well.  My new car requires full synthetic oil.  The tech appeared to be putting in oil that was not correct (it was much more brown in color), so I asked to see the bottles.  Sure enough, he was filling the car with 5w20 and not 0w20 as the engi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Oil change

C

08/14/2011

The oil change happened. I had to ask them to turn off the reminder light, which took them several minutes to figure out how to do. The main person in charge also has to go through a series of selling other services, which I always find annoying.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Went for a basic oil change, and it was constant upselling of other products while I was there. I didn't think the service was anything special for getting an oil change, and it was pricier than I typically have to spend. I went because it was conveniently located next to my hairdresser.

10/30/2010

It went well. They explained to me what my options were. i had a coupon so I just got the basic change. I was in and out very fast.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
i had an instant oil change performed.

08/02/2010

I thought they were fine. If you use the coupons that come in the mail then they are priced competitively. I bought a new car and began to have my service at the dealer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used to use Valvoline Instant Oil Change on a regular basis. I was last there for a general oil change and lubrication.

07/08/2010

They try to upsell a lot, which I found annoying. It's fast, but you pay a premium for it. I went there for convenience, but I won't be going back. They also couldn't figure out how to turn the check engine light off.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basic oil change.

CATEGORY auto repair

Full-Service Oil Change,Transmission Service,Radiator Service,Air Filter Replacement,Fuel System Cleaning Service,Serpentine Belt Replacement,Air Conditioning Service,Tire Rotation,Gearbox Fluid Replacement,Headlight/Taillight Replacement,Battery Replacement,Windshield Wiper Replacement