The Volkswagen Man

Founded 1983 • Angie's List since October 2005

Not Rated| 19 Reviews

Cost is determined by the job....

St Paul Automotive

53  REVIEWS
St Paul Automotive

Full Automotive repair facility for ALL Makes and Models(classics included). Complete diagnostics and repairs performed by ASE Certified Technicians.

01/20/2014

I had it towed to his garage and after he couldn't find an engine with less mileage than mine and in as good of condition he said it would be best to refurbish my current engine. It took a couple days longer but it was worth it -- has been running like a dream since then.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was given an estimate of $8,000 for a new engine or $4,000 for a refurbished engine by one of the local VW dealers. I called The VW Man and he said it would be $2,000.

01/14/2014

Fantastic.  I have used Brian for all my repairs on both our Passat and Jetta.  He is honest, competent and very professional.  I appreciate his suggestions and options that he provides me when we need some maintenance completed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a real bad vibration on decelleration in my VW Passat coming from one of the front wheels.  I suspected a CV joint had worn out (168,000 miles).  On a day that we had snow and Brian's mechanics had trouble getting in, he took a look at the car, correctly diagnosed a bad wheel bearing and completed the rapair that day.

05/12/2012

I went in for a regular maintenance and they are fair, trustworthy, they offer good price and they know what they are doing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use The Volkswagen Man for my auto care.

03/27/2012

After we had the service done, my daughter had trouble closing the back door and I thought it might be related to the electronic latch that he replaced. He said it wasn't, but he said if I brought the car back in he would show us how to fix it for free, but we figured it out ourselves. It is very relaxed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He changed the oil, replaced the head light, replaced the door latch and fixed the muffler. The muffler didn't need to be replaced, it needed to be welded back on.

CATEGORY muffler repair, auto repair

03/20/2012

I liked Volkswagen man because the owner is right there in the shop. They are very honest with you and will show you the parts that are not working. They keep costs down and don't have anything too fancy in the place. They specialize in European cars, which is good because we have a Jetta. They are very up front and honest and you don't have to read between the lines.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We saw the Volkswagen man to change the oil, rotate the tires and change the front brakes.

CATEGORY auto repair

Auto repair & maintenance, Automotive, Shock and Strut, Tire Repairs & Towing.