Kaufman Sheet Metal & Roofing Inc

A 204 Reviews

Founded 1930 • Angie's List since June 2001

2521 24th Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55406

Kaufman Roofing has been in business since 1930, working in the Twin Cities and surrounding neighborhood. With the peculiar nuances affecting roofs in the Twin Cities; varying roof types (slate, tile, wood shakes, metal, & flat), harsh weather conditions, and seasonal extremes, our experience is invaluable. Our philosophy hasn't changed since we started doing roofs in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding areas nearly a century ago....

roofing (179)gutter installation (35)ice and roof snow removal (26)siding (6)metal fabrication (1)window (1)

01/25/2021

After dealing with ice dams on our previous home, we did some research and decided that we would like to invest in a metal roof when we moved into our new home. We moved this summer and knew at our inspection that the house had previous ice dam damage and a very old asphalt roof. We got three quotes, and Kaufman was in line with the other companies, however a tad more expensive. We went with Kaufm...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove asphalt single roof and replace with metal roof. Remove and replace all gutters.

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/25/2021

08/17/2020

Kaufman did a great job replacing my old shingled roof and a flat rubber roof that was over 30 years old. Possible costs were clearly detailed in my estimate. I was notified by email when crews were coming, and crews worked hard and quickly. Clean-up was good too. When I was picking shingles my instinct was to stick with the tried and true dark gray but the salesman urged me to check another optio...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof replacement on house and porch, and new gutters

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/20/2020

02/26/2020

The job went very well from initial meeting with Sales rep, material drop off, removal of old roof, install of new, clean up and follow up on a minor issue. New roof looks great. Price was one of the lower ones and the range from the five roofers we talked to varied a great deal.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had old roof removed and a new roof installed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2019

08/27/2019

They worked from sunup till sundown doing the tear off and roofing . They did an amazing job of cleanup too.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New roof on house and garage

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/30/2019

06/06/2019

Went great! They added to flashing to a problem area on our roof and stopped a leak that had been troublesome for a long time. Would hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
roof flashing repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/27/2019

03/23/2019

Kaufman is excellent in the work they do and how they keep you informed. I worked with Scott Wehrmeyer for an estimate and he was professional, intelligent and kind. Kept me informed throughout the work. I had two jobs done by Kaufman one in Dec. of 2018 and one in March of 2019.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Two jobs - fix small flat roof and repair entry way. Replace flat roof membrane on larger deck.

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing,metal restoration

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/23/2019

03/29/2018

I asked for bids from five different suppliers. Only three responded. Only two gave a firm bid. Kaufman's was much lower than one of the tohers. But the reason I liked them is (a) they responded to my request the next day; (b) they came out and looked at the job and provided a bid within two days; (c) they scheduled the date for their work; (e) they arrived when they said they would; (f) they did ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace flat porch roof

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2017

08/22/2017

Started when they said they would and finished on time. Would hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New roof on house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2017

08/09/2017

Excellent. Very hard workers. Professional. Quick

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace roof

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2017

07/27/2017

The estimating and scheduling went well; Kaufman personnel were on time and prompt. The crew worked hard and did a good job on the tear off and shingling, but I had some issues with the metal work which I didn't expect since Kaufman does metal work. The work was poor quality and needed to be replaced. To Kaufman's credit, they did send a metal worker out who redid the metal work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tear off and re roofing of house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2017

Roofing, Windows, Shingles, Wood Shakes, Metal, Rubber Membranes, Slate & Tile, Galvanized, Copper Or Aluminum Gutter Installation, Cleaning Gutters, Cleaning, Snow, Ice Removal, & Metal Fabrication

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available, Discover