Goodfellows Landscapes

A59 REVIEWS

Founded 2001 • Angie's List since November 2006

6845 13th Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55423

Something that makes us unique is that the owner is on site at all jobs. We know how important this is to our customers. Goodfellows Landscapes is your hardscaping specialist with a focus on retaining walls, Natural Stone patios and walls, outdoor kitchens, water features, pondless waterfalls, drainage, fire pits, natural stone, pavers and retaining wall block, walkways & interlocking pavers....

Pavers and Hardscaping (54)Landscaping (23)Patios (16)Mulch and Topsoil (7)Stone and Gravel (7)Lawn and Yard Work (4)Drain Pipe Installation (4)Masonry (1)Tree Service (1)

10/06/2017

The entire team at Goodfellows took our vision and made it a reality. They were timely, hard working and came in right on budget. Al and his team were responsive and communicated well throughout the process and continues to check in on the progress of our project (seed growth, watering, mowing, etc). We highly recommend Al and the team at Goodfellows!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used Al at Goodfellows to remove a naturally landscaped yard. The project included grading a mounded portion of property and replacing most landscaped areas with sod/seed to create a family friendly yard. We also had Al and his team create a natural edge mulch bed along our fence, clean up overgrown planting beds and remove some worn stairs to replace with a rock wall. The rock wall was an add on once the project was underway and Al and his team we able to provide options to keep the additional work cost effect and tied in with the rest of the yard.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2017

07/19/2017

Excellent quality job, excellent customer service, an all around excellent experience

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
paver patio

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/12/2017

10/14/2016

It went really well. Al and Corey are both fantastic to work with. I moved into a house where the yard was in rough shape. I talked to several different landscaping companies and decided on Goodfellows after the initial meeting. Al had such great suggestions for tweaking the design and thinking about the project, that I knew I would regret it if I chose someone else. The customer service is really...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete yard overhall for a SWMPLS lot. Fix grading, add clay brick patio with utility pad, grind out large stumps, add planting beds, fix retaining wall, and seed the yard.

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, mulch, drain pipe, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2016

09/23/2016

They were fast and efficient. The work was completed in under 3 days and the quality went beyond our expectations.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Added a 16'x22' paved patio and moved our sump pump drain in our backyard

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2016

10/18/2015

Quick response to our inquiry; punctual for the appointments and to begin the project. Very professional and engaging. Al offered several great ideas and matched our project cost to our budget. Plan was to cut down  all the weed growth on our cliff of a hill, spray everything with weed killer, cover the whole area with dormant seeded crown vetch which would germinate with the spring thaw and retak...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cut down our hill all the weed growth. Phase 1

CATEGORY lawn service, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/09/2015

10/02/2015

Goodfellows was great to work with!  They were always very responsive and clear in their communication.  The cost was significantly less expensive than other estimates we received.  The work was done on schedule and turned out great in the end, despite running into some unexpected issues due to the need to level out or yard, which was more of a slope than we originally thought.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The deck in our backyard was torn down and replaced with a paver stone patio.  Then, sod was put down in the yard to replace areas that had previously been mulch.

CATEGORY landscaper, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/05/2015

05/06/2015

I have been hesitant to write this review because I think Al and his team were tremendous people:  punctual, honest, hardworking.  I think they also did a pretty good job, but there is one thing that became clear to me soon after the job was done.   I had asked--very clearly--for new, high quality growing soil.  I have poor quality clay soil and things don't grow well in it.  I was so clear that I...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscape front yard (small urban yard):  installed chilton retaining wall, bluestone path, large north shore rocks, berns, etc.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2012

[Member name removed], with plants and bulbs coming thru the soil weeks after install can happen with construction turning up the soil, only way to avoid in use a kills all on all plant materials weeks before install. I do wish you had contact me on the new soil/old soil issue, would of been corrected. With our Minnesota weather freeze and thaw every winter soil pushes up, without excavating at 12...

05/01/2015

The project went very well.  Al was very transparent from the beginning and always communicating.  I still reach out to him for questions and he responds promptly.  Good guy and a good business.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a retaining wall with boulders.  Installed drain tile to solve the water run-off issue.  Regraded our entire lawn, brought in black dirt, seed and erosion mats.

CATEGORY landscaper, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/02/2014

02/28/2015

Al and his team are excellent to work with from the design stage, through installation and invoicing.  They are knowledgeable, respectful and just all around great guys.  They actually came in under the estimate so they watch your budget closely and only bill you for the actual items and services they provide.  I would highly recommend them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Entire front yard and new walk way

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2012

10/07/2014

It went very well.  They did what they said they were going to do; now it is draining well and the new grass has come in very well.  They came back after the initial work to follow up and reseed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Changed the grade of a low area adjacent to a driveway to allow it to drain out; reseeded the area and put on an erosion mat.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/11/2014

Retaining Walls • Patios and Walls • Water Features • Pondless Waterfalls • Drainage • Fire Pits • Natural Stone • Paver Blocks & Walkways

We do not install concrete patios or sidewalks

Not Applicable