Floyd Total Security

• Trade License Expiration
  • 07-31-2018

9036 Grand Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55420

Professionally Installed & Monitored Security Systems Since 1945! Floyd Total Security is a local company that serves the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We pride ourselves on our dedication to our customers and employees. Your security and peace of mind is our only business. We understand that your sense of security is one of the most important things to you, especially when it comes to protecting your home, family or business. We only hire the very best! Each one of our technicians is highly trained and familiar with all types of security systems. We monitor systems from our Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Listed 24/7 Monitoring Station which also holds the Five Diamond Certification from the Central Station Association of America (CSAA). Our monitoring station is located in Bloomington, Minnesota. Our team specializes in safeguarding your home or business 24/7. Whether you are looking for a new security system or to improve on an existing one, we can help!...

locksmith (198)home security system (173)home automation (8)door installation (3)screen repair (1)

06/13/2020

After contacting the company, I got a call back from a guy who could not grasp the idea of "replace doorknob" even after explaining that the old doorknob comes off, the new doorknob goes on. Seriously! Maybe I confused him when I asked if I should buy the doorknob myself, or if they provide the doorknob. He told me he would have someone else call me back - no one called back. In the meantime, I lo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Doorknob replacements

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/13/2020

I am sorry to hear about the experience you explained having with us. This is not in any way, the type of interaction we wish for people to have. We strive for, and mostly get very positive outcomes. I would like to learn more about your situation, so I can better understand if we can still help you. My direct number is 952-887-1162. If I don’t immediately answer (working from home), please leave ...

05/16/2020

We've had Floyd security services for our home for years. We have consistently found them to be professional, courteous, technically very capable, and just good to work with, all around. I highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Maintenance and system upgrade

CATEGORY home security systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/08/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for an awesome review!

05/06/2020

On time, very professional, work done within an hour. Installed two new deadbolts, new doorknob with lock, got them to work on the same key and had some new keys made. Also took out some vintage locks on the front and rear doors, from 1941, and is going to have keys made for those in their shop. Price was reasonable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Locks replaced in newly-purchased home. Took 1941 vintage mortis-style locks with him to have keys made (former owner lost keys for those long ago).

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/06/2020

Thanks for the great review [Member Name Removed]! Glad we could help!

05/01/2020

R Added deadbolts to two interior storeroom doors. Renewed doorknob locks to match new.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2020

04/16/2020

Doug gave me good advice - I followed it and the door is working great. Thanks Doug, I really appreciated your honesty and approach I wish more people were like you.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
04/10/2020 07:56 AM by Doug Hahn : 3 point lock on front door: top latch is frozen. Unable to move it. Advised customer to go back to door supplier.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/16/2020

Hey [Member Name Removed], thanks for the review. Thank you for the kind words about Doug. Just so we know for the future, what should we have done to earn an “A” rating from you?

11/12/2018

Okay. Wanted the new lock to be rekeyed to old.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace deadbolt with electronic lock.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2018

03/08/2018

It went fine. Quick response on the sales call. Quick scheduling on the service call. Called to let me know he was running a little late - no problem. Took a while to replace or integrate the competitor's stuff but no problem. So far, so good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sold and Installed a replacement security system

CATEGORY locksmith,home security systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/08/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business!

11/08/2017

Great! They came right on time, were professional, and did and charged exactly as they initially represented.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed to have 3 locks changed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2017

09/25/2017

Excellant. Service person was very knowledgable and helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Problem with a malfunction security door.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/25/2017

09/25/2017

They did it while I waited in their shop. Everything worked perfectly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lock re-keyed

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/25/2017

We design, install and support security and fire alarm systems for homes and businesses, large and small. We support your system 24/7 with monitoring at our local UL approved Center. We offer hardwired and wireless systems; locks, safes and locksmith services; CCTV, hosted video storage, web-based access control; and personal alert medical devices. With our years of security expertise, we give you knowledgeable and practical solutions to fit your need to be secure and safe.

Cable TV