5 Star Lawn Service

A 23 Reviews

Founded 2008 • Angie's List since April 2011

12731 95th St NE

Elk River, MN 55330

Serving the North West Metro area for all of you lawn and yard needs since 2008! Champlin, Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, New Hope, Golden Valley, Crystal, Robbinsdale, Osseo, Maple Grove, Plymouth, Dayton, Rogers, Albertville, St. Michael, Hanover, Monticello, Buffalo Our services include: *Weekly Lawn Mowing *Mosquito Treatment * Lawn Fertilization and Weed Control *Power Edging *De-Thatching *Core Aeration *Over-Seeding *Weed Control *Mulching *Tree / Shrub Trimming *Fall/Spring Clean up *Sod Installation *Gutter Cleaning *Mosquito Control *Sprinkler/ Irrigation Start up and Winterize *Landscaping* Snow Removal and Ice Control....

lawn care (23)leaf removal (4)tree service (2)mulch delivering (2)lawn treatment (2)lawn & landscaping (2)gutter cleaning (2)hardscaping (1)snow removal (1)

01/03/2018

Always satisfied with the work 5 Star does and the staff are affable and always willing to do just that little extra that makes the difference between just someone doing a job and someone who loves what they do.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
5 Star has been our "go to" lawn service for many years, since the beginning I think. Years ago we used Five Star just for gutter cleaning twice a year. Then we needed lawn mowing services and they came to our rescue. Then we wanted to re-landscape our property and it was breeze. We handed the project over to them and it was done perfectly, making suggestions we hadn't thought about and creating an inviting entrance to our home. As the years progressed we have used 5 Star for all our exterior needs...lawn mowing, landscaping and snow removal.

CATEGORY gutter cleaning,landscaping,lawn service,leaf removal,mulch,snow removal,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/18/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Have a good winter!

12/28/2017

Very reliable and do GREAT work! I would highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
5 Star has done my spring and fall clean up for years and they always do an excellent job. They will do add-ons as well with fertilizer, aeration, shrub/tree trimming, etc. They also brought in crushed granite and redid my parking area along side the garage.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/09/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!

12/28/2017

I have a lot of trees so in the fall I have A LOT of leaves. I would spend hours racking and taking trailer loads of leaves to the yard waste several times during the fall. They blow the leaves out of all the nooks and crannies and get it all ready for winter in maybe a little over an hour. It is so worth the money for the time it saves me. I usually have them come back and run over the lawn with ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
5 Star does a fall clean up in my yard each year.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You do have a ton of leaves. Happy New Year!

12/28/2017

Donnie is personal, professional, responsive, and does a fantastic job. I am grateful to have run across him on Angie's List. My neighbors have since hired him as well, and sing his praises when we chat in the street.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Donnie has been taking care of my lawn and snow removal for several years now. He's incredibly responsive when I think I can handle something on my own like fall leaf removal, then realize I completely overestimated myself. He showed up literally the day after I called. He's almost always on site himself, along with one or two crew members, and takes great care of his customers.

CATEGORY gutter cleaning,lawn service,lawn treatment,leaf removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your business! We really appreciate it! Thanks, Donny

12/27/2017

They do a great job and are very responsive.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have 5 Star Lawn aerate our lawn and clean our gutters.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your feedback! We do appreciate your business! Thanks, Donny

11/14/2017

These guys did an excellent job. Very professional, responsive and thorough for a good price. Would definitely hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fall Yard Cleanup

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/14/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!
D

09/09/2016

Donny did a good job planting the evergreen trees for me. However, I think I was overcharged and he didn't do anything to prove me wrong. Per his invoice, it cost him $91 per tree for a 2'' to 3'' Colorado spruce. The same tree (same height and/or higher) costs $24.99 at Lowes. I found out about the huge price difference the same day the trees were planted and went back to Donny. I asked him to pr...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Planted Evergreen trees

CATEGORY lawn service,tree service

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2016

Hey [Member Name Removed], I called and left you a message. You were very happy when we completed the work. I'm sorry you found a close out sale at the local Lowe's that following weekend. We get all of our trees from a nursery. I provided you with a actual copy of the receipt for what they cost us which was 91 each. We installed 13 of them for 1400. We made a little over 200 to deliver and instal...
D

06/23/2015

while he did a good job in mowing he has been unreliable this season. no answers when contacting him and last time he was supposed to come and mow he was a no-show/no-call. He also failed to replace 3 plant which were planted by them last year and didn't make it.  Was disappointing as last year the service was different/better

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
mowed lawn, bagged clippings,

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2015

Hey [Member Name Removed], We serviced your yard for many years in which you never had anything bad to say. We also got many referrals from you in your neighborhood in which we still provide services for today. With that being said plants need water after they are planted. We buy all of our plants from nursery's in the area. They stay alive in plastic pots for a long time as long as they are water...

04/23/2015

Donny was great. He was communicative, punctual, thorough, fairly priced, and exceeded my expectations with the spring clean-up. I had a ton of leaves left over from the previous fall. Donny gave me my estimate, scheduled the time he would be out there and took care of everything. I would definitely use Donny again and would recommend him to anyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Spring clean-up and brush removal.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2015

12/31/2014

We got a Angie's list coupon special for having our lawn aerated. The provider was punctual, helpful and did a super job. Front and back yard core aeration. We were very pleased, and would call on them again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lawn core aeration.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/02/2014

***SNOW REMOVAL*** Spring cleanup, power edging, lawn service, fertilizing and weed control, mosquito control, gutter cleaning, shrub shaping/ pruning, aeration, fall cleanup, turf, tree trimming, seeding, mulch & sod installation.

Check, Visa