Home For A Change

A 58 Reviews

Founded 1983 • Angie's List since February 2004

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

located in

Edina, MN 55436

Home For A Change offers interior design services in Naples, Fl. (including surrounding areas) and Minneapolis/St. Paul. We are a full design service with many options for you to choose from, depending on your project! New construction, remodels, kitchen and bath design and design consultations that offer "inspiration" for you to follow on your own, also shopping service, furniture, window treatments, accessories and wall and floor finishes. Give me a call if you are looking for carpet, hardwood, tile or kitchen remodel. I will allow you access to my "wholesale members only" store (many locations throughout Florida and Minnesota). If you schedule a design consultation, a complementary design service is included for help with selecting your finishes at my flooring store. Are you moving from Minnesota to Florida or thinking of becoming a "snowbird"? I can help you on both sides, starting with your current home. This service is a consultation that would help you with colors, fabrics, furniture and accessories. We could then evaluate your new place in Florida and use what you have if necessary! On the Florida side, help with paint colors, furniture and accessory shopping or helping to place your existing furniture or any other help you need to create your "home in paradise"!...

interior design (58)muralist (8)blinds and curtain (7)furniture store (7)interior painting (5)home remodeling (5)lighting (5)basement remodeling (4)home staging (4)carpet installation (4)flooring (3)marble and granite (2)

06/29/2019

We hired Sue for a basement remodel and couldn't be happier. Sue helped us choose the color palette, materials, furniture, and all the decor. She did a great job understanding our style and budget and flexing around that. Sue's pricing structure is incredibly approachable; during the basement remodel she also did a "spacelift" throughout the rest of our house so we got even more value! She helped ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement remodel

CATEGORY interior designers,furniture sales,window treatments,muralist,basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/28/2019

Photo for Home For A Change - located in, Edina, MN - 37957559

04/10/2019

I have worked with Sue for almost 15 years on several interior design projects. Her eye for color is amazing... always spot on! She is fun and creative, sometimes encouraging me to make dramatic changes I would not have done on my own. The finished product always results in wonderful compliments from my guests. Our lake home project (one of my favorites) presented sizable challenges with multiple ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior design of new home, interior design of basement finish project, interior design of lake home.

CATEGORY carpet installation,interior designers,lighting,furniture sales,window treatments,muralist,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters,home staging,basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! [Member Name Removed], it is always fun to work with you and I am looking forward to next week when we put the "finishing touches" in your updated home! Sue Home for a change

01/11/2018

We have been very happy with how things turned out. My husband is happy with the house (and the price) and so are our daughters with how their bedrooms look! Sue did an incredible job designing our new kitchen island that seats 7 people, as well as a pub like tin ceiling to match our existing cherry wood cupboards. Sue is a pleasure to shop with and work with. She makes it easy and fun!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sue Hunter has helped us decorate our home a couple of times in the past 14 years. We have worked with her on some minor projects, and she has helped me with most of the decorating through our house. She has done amazing design work for a big kitchen project, and now is working with us on our basement re-do! Anything from paint, carpet, flooring and decorating needs, Sue is the one to call!

CATEGORY carpet installation,flooring,interior designers,lighting,furniture sales,window treatments,holiday decorators,marble & granite,muralist,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/15/2017

Thank you for the wonderful review, I love designing and shopping with you and your beautiful family! I appreciate your dedication to me for the last 14 years along and all of the great referrals you have sent to me over the years. Looking forward to putting all the "finishing touches" on the lower level!

10/28/2017

We moved into a new house that was completely different from our old one. We needed a lot of help with furniture arrangement and decorating so I called Sue. She contacted me right away and was here to consult the next day. Sue is great at what she does and has helped us every step of the way. She helped us buy furniture, pick out carpet, and choose paint colors. She came with me shopping and we pi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
She helped us with furniture ordering, paint colors, furniture arrangement, carpet selection, picking out accessories and putting everything into place.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/23/2017

09/26/2017

Our lake home is amazing. It turned out beautifully and really shows Sue's incredible gift for design. She knows exactly where to shop to get the best value for your budget. We couldn't be happier.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We recently built a new lake home. Sue was involved in every part of the build starting with the floor plan, exterior design, kitchen layout, cabinets, flooring, countertops, bathroom fixtures, door hardware, paint colors, lighting, appliances, furniture and accessories.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2017

I loved every minute [Member Information Removed] this project! I am thrilled you are so happy and am excited to continue working with you, designing your home in minnetonka. Both you and Tony are a pleasure to work with!

04/10/2017

Sue immediately had a great vision, and created an individualized portfolio for me room by room with color swatches for paint, furniture colors, and flooring.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sue from Home For A Change helped me design a completely remodeled entryway, dining room, kitchen, and living room.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/18/2017

03/27/2017

Great - I highly recommend Sue! She is amazing!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have been wanting help decorating our downtown Minneapolis condo forever (updated flooring, paint, furniture, decorating, etc!) and I am so happy I found Sue on Angie's List! She has been so easy to work with and I love the recommendations she has made. She really tried to work with some of the furniture and decorations that we already have but also telling us when something would not vibe well with our new look! I love that she gives you recommendations for things to go out and find on your own (and good places to get the item you're looking for) but is also willing to shop with you to find what you need... you can basically use her as little or as much as you want after the initial consult. She has been great after our initial visit with her - after hearing her flooring recommendations, my husband and I picked up some samples but were having a hard time deciding which one would be best... I asked for her advice and she took the time out of her schedule to stop at our place and help us choose and put us at ease. I can't wait to work with her more once our new floor is in and we can get to shopping for the furniture and decorations she recommended!!

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/27/2017

10/31/2016

Sue was really amazing. She came to our home on a Saturday morning and helped us think through color and design for our entire main level, two upstairs bathrooms and our master bedroom. Sue has that professional designer eye that we all crave and by the time our meeting was through, we had a book full of color schemes and ideas for each remodeled room. Sue was so careful and thoughtful. We met Sue...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We remodeled our entire main level, two upper level bathrooms and our master bathroom. We needed someone to help us with all design and decorating aspects of each room--rugs, furniture, lighting, accessories, window fixtures.

CATEGORY interior designers,furniture sales,window treatments,muralist

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2016

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to create your design plan and also to shop for furniture with you. I look forward to our next meeting to help you with accessories, rugs, etc. Thanks again! Sue Hunter, Home for a change

10/23/2016

Wonderful! I especially appreciated how she went shopping with me and helped me find things according to a color scheme she put together in a booklet for me on her first visit. Sue was very efficient shopping and we ended up buying decorations/furniture from 4 different stores. This was really helpful because I felt like I didn't have to pay top dollar for everything and still have it look beautif...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Suggestions and help with improving the interior decor and feel of our home.

CATEGORY interior designers,furniture sales,window treatments,muralist,home staging

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! I have had so much fun helping you create a beautiful environment for you and your nice family. It is always so rewarding to see my clients happy with the results. Again, thank you and I look forward to helping you with anything else you need! Sue Hunter, Home for a change

07/25/2016

Sue is AMAZING!!! After spending a few minutes talking about my style and what I was looking for, she helped me pick out a color scheme and theme for every room in the house. She drew out exactly what the sofas, chairs, and tables should look like, what color it should be, and where it should be placed. She prepared a package with color samples to help me shop for furniture which I tried to do on ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior design ideas for a new home.

CATEGORY interior designers,furniture sales,home staging

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/10/2016

Interior Design Consultations, Full Design Service Residential & Commercial, New Construction, Kitchen & Bath Remodels, Flooring, Window Treatments, Furnishings, Home Accessories & Shopping Service.