Mike's Recycling + Moving Services

A 28 Reviews

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since July 2010

3690 Midway Rd

Duluth, MN 55810

Locally owned and operated since 1987, Mike's Recycling + Services has been Hermantown and the surrounding area's premier source for residential and commercial moving, hauling, demolition, and estate clean up. At Mike's Recycling + Services, we specialize in all residential and commercial moves and hauling including corporate relocations; office and household moving; piano, organ and gun safe moving; as well as packing and loading services. We believe in minimizing our carbon footprint. That includes reusing and recycling things that are often viewed as junk, as well as making our services as environmentally friendly as possible. We work with local organizations and ministries to distribute usable items to less fortunate members of our community. We are pleased to offer a 5% discount to clients paying in cash, and an additional 5% discount to seniors. In addition, we are happy to provide free estimates for clients within 50 miles round trip. Offering exceptional service, competitive prices, and over 25 years of experience, Mike's Recycling + Services is Minnesota and the Twin Port's trusted eco-friendly moving specialists....

moving (27)hauling (12)

12/02/2020

My experience with these people was very pleasant. They were punctual, friendly, and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving to two locations

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/02/2020

Thank you kindly for the warm review!

11/13/2020

Despite weather conditions , all stops went quickly and smoothly. I would recommend this company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving furniture to 3 different addresses

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2020

Thank you kindly for Ithis review!

05/30/2019

The actual move went very well. Mike and Dane arrived precisely when the company told me they would and got right to work loading my things. They had positive, can-do attitudes during the process and took great care with all of my furniture. They loaded the truck in a logical manner to protect my things and covered them all with blankets properly to prevent damage. The only thing which needed impr...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Large furniture items loaded into a rental truck.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/29/2019

Thank you for your review!

01/02/2019

I was very pleased with the service I received from Mike and his team. They were punctual, very professional and pleasant, and took great care in moving my belongings. Mike came and looked at what I had to move and did the estimate in person- not over the phone based on his "experience"- and the final total was spot on. He had two trucks- one for the storage unit and one for my apartment and it wa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Move from storage unit in Duluth to a storage unit and apartment in Minneapolis.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2018

Thank you so much for the great review [Member Name Removed]! If you ever need us again our number has not changed nor our service in over 30 years! It was great working with you!

10/19/2018

Excellent service - would hire again and recommend to family & friends! Mike, Rose and crew were wonderful and very helpful during a stressful time for me. They provided clean out/moving service for a house and garage that was filled with 65 years worth of “stuff”! Prompt, efficient, professional & reasonable price. Great!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving and hauling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2018

It was great working with you [Member Name Removed] and we appreciate this nice review!

08/13/2018

These guys were great! Rose answered the phone promptly to schedule my appointment and was very flexible when we needed to make adjustments based on when the moving truck arrived. The guys showed up on time. They were careful with our belongings yet very efficient at unloading and placing everything where we needed it in the house. I would highly recommend them and definitely use them again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Unloading a moving truck

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/23/2018

Thank you for yuour kind review! It was a pleasure working with kyuou.

09/11/2017

The loading went well and the items loaded made it with very minimal damage and scuffs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Loading a moving van with furniture and boxes.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/30/2017

Thank you for yuour review [Member Name Removed]!

09/05/2017

The guys that moved us were wonderful. My husband was at one end of the move and I was at the other. We both agreed that we would always hire movers from now on after working with these guys. Very professional, friendly and hard workers. We lived outside of their area for an in-house estimate but they still came in very close to their estimate based off of pictures I sent them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moving to a new home

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2017

Thank you for yuour kind review!

06/19/2017

It went excellent! The movers were very careful with our belongings. They were on time and they hung around to make sure we didn't need anything else moved around after they were done unloading even though it was an 80 + degree day with two flights of stairs!!! They took great care to make it a pleasant experience and as easy for us as possible. They were very hard workers and the estimate was ver...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed to move a whole household to another location in the same city.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/16/2017

Thank you for yuour kind review, it sure was a hot one that day! :)

04/18/2017

The move went off without a hitch. Mike and an employee came to our old house a few days after the original email was sent to do a walk through to provide an estimate. Within a day or so after the walk through, Rose (receptionist / scheduler) provided a PDF quote via email. We were happy with the quote and told the company we'd be hiring them. Within a few days, they dropped off some pallets (free...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired Mikes Recycling + Moving to serve as movers on a cross-town relocation. They moved an entire 24-foot truck load of our belongings from the old house to the new, and they were on schedule and budget.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/18/2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working for you. I am happy to hear you appreciated our guys , they are hard workers! Sincerely, Rose Administrative Assistant

Moving Company,Demolition Contractor,Hauling Service