Economy Garages

Founded 1976 • Angie's List since October 2009

C Rated | 4 Reviews

Hours - (March-October) Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-6:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM-3:00 PM. (November-February) Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM; Sat 9:00 AM-2:00 PM....

C

07/16/2013

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My 24'x26' garage was constructed in August 2012. The design and planning phase went well, but Economy's construction contractor was slow and messier than expected. The real disappointment came in May 2013 when the Duluth building inspector showed up to inform me the final inspection was never completed. I was under the impression all inspections and work were complete when I made final payment so I was quite surprised. The inspector pointed out a minor issue for missing core filled blocks. He said it was not uncommon for Economy to make this mistake. It took six weeks for me to get Economy onsite to fix the problem. This was frustrating and their follow up on scheduling the repair was less than professional.

05/20/2013

Never returned any of my calls asking for Price List...  No work was done .....  "F"

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called the company asked for pricing on a new garage.  I actually called their office 3 times for pricing... No one even had the courtesy to call me back.... Once I hired another company and they took out a building permit this Spring.... One week later I received a pricing flyer from Economy Garages in the mail.. So they must have someone in City Hall giving them names of people that are building new garages.... They cant return phone calls... I wonder how long it takes them to build a garage..... "F"

08/17/2012

We contacted the company about a week afer the building was completed about problems we'd noticed (as we went along, we found many more problems.)  We complained about some delaminating siding and many very noticeable bumps in the roof along with a partition that was misplaced by one half foot from the contract specifications.  Economy garages contacted us an were very insistant about coming the f...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
in 2010 we contracted economy garages to build a 30' by 36' with a center partition cabin shell for us. we based hiring them on their better business bureau rating and their advertising.  For cookbook type garages where most of the work is done in the factory, i think their service may be better than a cabin where siding and roofing are done in the field.  They hire contractors and while some may be good, i question the skill level of people they hire if they are very busy.  their response to poor work has been very poor and binding arbitration through the BBB does not allow the customer any rights if the 'fix' is still poor.  There is a lot of leaway for poor work to stand.

08/02/2010

Very professional. Good experience. Nice people. Always returned calls promptly and worked to answer any questions, make minor changes, etc.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Single car garage and concrete driveway

CATEGORY garage builders

Builder of cabins, house shells & garages.