HANTZ GROUP

C Rated | 5 Reviews

Chessie Tax, LLC

8  REVIEWS
Chessie Tax, LLC

Chessie Tax, LLC offers reasonably-priced income tax preparation services to individuals, small businesses, trusts and estates. We also offer bookkeeping, income tax planning, and business planning services. We can also represent our clients before the Internal Revenue Service. We work with most of our clients virtually, enabling a stress-free tax preparation process designed around your busy schedule. Our president, Erik O. Klumpp, EA is an Enrolled Agent with the IRS and has over 16 years of income tax preparation and review experience. 10% discount available for teachers. Call for a free estimate.

08/14/2018

Hantz assigned a team to review all our finances and more. They handle our banking, our taxes, our investments, our retirement income, our estate planning and our insurance (home, auto, long-term care and umbrella). Our team had experts in each area who reviewed our status and made recommendations with numerous options which they took the time to explain thoroughly. After initial analysis and orga...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We wanted someone to help us organize our financial lives.

07/08/2017

Horrible, after many hours of them soaking up every aspect of my life, my adviser passed away and there was no one left for me to even contact. I was left with a devastated portfolio which I am still trying to figure out and it is costing me a fortune in fees.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went to them to make sure my son's special needs trust was in order, I met a representative at an autism seminar. Before I knew it, they were entangled in all my business, both professional and personal, stating they needed all this information to make sure the trust was in order. After $5000 for a new trust and $150/month for a couple of years, I decided to get out and run! They devastated my existing portfolio (low cost index funds), and changed it all over to one in which they made money. They tried to take over my business dealings, 401k, insurance, banking and mortgage (which was the only thing they did right). Be careful if you use their services, better yet, run away!

CATEGORY mortgage broker, insurance companies

03/02/2016

08/14/2009

We were referred to the company by friends; however, with increasing contact, we lost confidence and have severe our ties with them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We started working with the Hantz Group because they advertised themselves as "objective" advisors who select the "best in breed" from hundreds of companies to give the client the best rates and coverage in auto/home insurance, mortgage, life insurance, and investments. The problem is that they receive marketing commissions from specific companies whose products they "objectively" evaluate and recommend. The Hantz group was fined for this practice in 2005; however, from our interactions, they are apparently still doing it. If you are willing to use the group for good rates, that's OK; however, conflicts of interest interfere with their providing truly objective information and advice.

02/21/2007

So far we are pretty pleased with them. Every year we do a check up to make sure we are meeting our goals and objectives. I would recommend them. They get good pricing since they are a group. They are very thorough in making sure we have the right coverage for our mortgage and car. They have their own lawyers that take care of the wills.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They do the financial planning for us. They take care of wills, mortgage, and car insurance.