Boekeloo, Dr. Stuart W.

Founded 1987 • Angie's List since January 2009

Not Rated| 5 Reviews

http://www.abgd.org/docs/verification.htm, http://www.aboms.org/General_Information/general_information.htm#public, https://aaeecom.aae.org/aaeeweb/FindENDO/Find_Endodontistabe.aspx, http://www.perio.org/amboard/search/index.html, http://www.prosthodontics.org/abp/locate.asp....

D

10/29/2013

The dentures he provided do not allow my father to bite nor chew and are completely worthless to him. He will now have to incur the cost of another complete set of dentures.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Boekeloo told my father that he could provide him with well-fitting complete upper and lower dentures and that the dentures could be fitted, manufactured and delivered in about two weeks.

CATEGORY dentists

Unfortunately not all of us age gracefully. Dealing with a family member suffering from dementia is very stressful. This segment of our population often is not able to tolerate the simplest things that were taken for granted in a healthier time of life. Most communities have agencies to assist families dealing with the complex issues of the aging process. Anyone having a difficult time dealing wit...

07/24/2013

The interaction was great. The staff is very friendly and the service is professional. They're a great dentist. They've been my dentist for 6 years. They're willing to move your appointments if necessary. They work with you to fit your schedule. They're there if you need them in an emergency.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
For general dentistry, we used Dr. Stuart Boekeloo. They did a cleaning for my annual visit.

12/20/2012

I was happy with my services. I don't know what that person earlier was ranting about,but he did a great job. I had one root canal done. The office got me in right away, and were very helpful. I like a dentist that does most things in the office and doesn't refer you out. I feel he works within his practice and did a good job. I will be going back in January for the crown on the tooth.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a toothache, went to a specialist and they were rude. Contacted his office and had a root canal done.

10/01/2012

Unethical dentist who practices outside his field of expertise. He performed a full mouth reconstruction which failed. He also performed 3 root canals which were failures. He quit the Michigan Dental Association on 1/11/2011 to avoid a MDA Peer review. He is now being investigated by the Michigan Bureau of Health Professions- the BHP is responsible for licensing medical professional in the state o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This general dentist performed procedures he is not qualified to perform for financial gain. He replaced 17 of my teeth claiming he could fix an issue with my loss of posterior bite. He should have referred me to a prosthodontist but did not. He claimed he was proficient in addressing this issue himself. He collected $20,000 for this procedure. Within months of his completing this procedure, my teeth (the newly replaced teeth) began breaking and shattering. The procedure was a complete failure. He still did not refer me to a specialist, rather, he replaced these broken/shattered teeth with new crowns at full expense to myself and my insuance company. The problems only got worse. I now have fixed 14 of the original 17 teeth he replaced.  Boekeloo also performed several root canals on my teeth. He failed to diagnose 2 teeth requiring root canals- leading these teeth to remain infected. After consultations with a prosthodontist, I was taken aback to find out 2 other teeth he had performed root canals on still had pockets of decay. An oral surgeon had to perform root canals to correct these failures. Boekeloo was charged with practicing outside his field of expertise and was called before the Michigan Dental Association for a MDA Peer Review (case# 26221) in late 2010. Boekeloo withdrew his membership from the Michigan Dental Association on 1/11/2011 to avoid this investigation. The phone number of the MDA is (517) 372-9070. Boekeloo is now being investigated by the Michigan Bureau of Health Professions (case# 119708) for dental malpractice. The BHP is responsible for licensing medical care providers in the state of Michigan. The BHP can be reached at (517) 373-9196. Boekeloo has now establishing another company- Alydis Centers- in an attempt to move away from dentistry and is trying to sell dental services to adult assisted facilities and nursing homes. How can we permit such an unethical individual to become involved in the care of our parents, senior citizens and the elderly? This is another example of his underhanded attempts. Beware of Boekeloo!!

CATEGORY dentists

A restraining order was placed on this individual by a Berrien County Circuit Court Judge to secure the safety of myself, family and staff. His attempts to have a black mark placed on my license fell on deaf ears. The State of Michigan denounced all claims by this individual and the examining dentist apologized for the hassle this individual created for all involved.

01/05/2009

He is a good dentist. He came in to fix a crown for me right before he was going on vacation as his family was waiting in the car. All of his hygienists are really good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have been seeing Dr. Boekeloo for about 10 years.

CATEGORY dentists

General dentistry including periodontal, oral care, gum, scaling and root planning, x-rays and hygiene fillings, root canals and extractions, crowns, bridges, full and partial dentures, plus mini dental implants, oral surgeons and specialists & cosmetic dentistry procedures, teeth whitening & veneers.