Bix Furniture Service

Founded 1974 • Angie's List since June 2010

Bix Furniture requires 50% down to start a job and the remainder upon delivery of the finished product. Payment options include cash, check and major credit cards with the exception of American Express....

Multi Construction Services

We are a carpentry, trim carpentry, acoustic ceiling, and drywall company. 20+ employees. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Serving Oakland, Macomb, Wayne, Monroe, Livingston & Washtenaw Counties and beyond! Additional email address - multidrywall@gmail.com. Additional phone number - (248) 361-5823. Award winning.

03/08/2018

Very fast and completed in short period of time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bix did a great job on my furniture repair and wood turned out beautiful.

CATEGORY woodworking

12/19/2015

Took our table and six chairs on October 10th of 2014 to be refinished in what was supposed to be a gray color. On 11-6 finally, we were told the table was in processes of completely being sanded or stripped down and we were called in by Darin to see the color sample and pick fabric for the chairs. A leaf was completed however, The color was taupe and not grey and appeared to be painted, not stain...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinished an Amish solid oak dining table and six chairs only a year old. Supposed to sand completely, and WHITEWASH GRAY STAIN!

CATEGORY woodworking

D

10/21/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This may be premature since I do not have my reupholstered chair back yet, but felt the last month warranted my experience thus far. |I called to get a quote, I described what I was looking for and that I was just shopping right now, they explained they did not pick up on Saturdays but they could drop off some sample books for me to look at on Saturday. |The following Saturday my husband woke me up at 9am to tell me the guy was here to pick up my chair. We had discussed taking my chair, but I was told they didn't pick up on Saturdays. So I let them take it, Saturdays are my sleep in all day, days and I would think about my grandma's chair being picked up by total strangers whom I didn't agree for them to take in the first place later. I stopped by their building on the following Monday to discuss pricing and fabric, the labor was a flat rate of $425.00 and the fabric books they left me were all way over priced, $25.00 per yard? Way out of my price range so Terry suggested I go to a fabric outlet to see what they had to offer. |I found a fabric I liked for $125.00 for 8 yards, much less expensive than any book Terry had in his building. |They took my chair on September 19th. I went to talk to Terry on September 21st. He didn't have a clue as to who I was and what they had of mine, because the person who picked up my chair was new and should not have taken the chair, he should have just dropped off the fabric books, but this was not explained to him so he took my chair. Once Terry and I figured out what was what, he took me into his work room to confirm which chair was mine. |Quoting the labor cost was a shock to me, we were talking about a 30+ year old chair, that has good bones and only needed new fabric. Terry did try to work with me by telling me about the fabric outlet store and on September 24th I dropped off the fabric to him, he seemed confused as to what chair I belonged to, so again we went into his work room to match my chair to me. |I haven't heard anything from him since then. He did mention that with the holiday season coming so close he was looking at having my chair done around 3 weeks. I stopped in today to check on the progress, Terry wasn't there and the woman I spoke with had no clue as to what was going on. We went into the work room to find my chair and I explained to her that I wasn't sure about the buttons and could she please have Terry call me so we could talk about me seeing the chair before he put the buttons back on. She did explain that in order for the buttons to be secure the fabric had to be a certain way and if it wasn't done at the beginning I wouldn't have much choice in weather the buttons were put on. So I simply asked her to have him call me when he had a chance to discuss what I wanted. There has been no exchange of money as of yet, I still only have the "estimate" and nobody seems to know what is going on nor how much longer I will have to wait for it to be done. |I checked out their work while waiting for Terry to finish with his customer when I visited his store, and was able to see first hand the quality of his work is A+. His running of the store and managing his time, other peoples belongings are very poor, it's just scary when someone has your grandmother's chair and when you go to check on it everyone seems confused as to who you are and what furniture belongs to you. |I am hopeful that through all this he will deliver my chair with the same A+ quality I saw in his show room.

CATEGORY upholstery,woodworking

07/06/2015

They are very good and reasonable. They are the only ones who have ever done work for me. Whether they are reasonable on price, I don't know but I really like them and they have probably been here longer than I have been. The cost depend on what you want done. It was good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bix Furniture Service do furniture repair. They completely rebuilt a chair for me-the fabric and stuff was still good, it just needed new springs.

CATEGORY furniture repair,woodworking

06/22/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had an antique couch reupholstered the reason the price was high was because there was a lot of tufting on the back of the couch. I do not blame them for the price because they did an excellent job and I have recommended them to a lot of my friends. They were very courteous and friendly.

CATEGORY upholstery,woodworking

Bix Furniture repairs, refinishes and restores furniture. They also build furniture to your specifications. We also upholster furniture with "Your" fabric or ours at no additional cost.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover